Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Up at last!

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Had to share my first shot for a few weeks. Not very exciting but it shows Fishlake Meadows in Romsey U.K. and it’s where our son lives. The Meadows are full of fab birds including an osprey in the autumn on migration south, cuckoos, great crested grebes, egrets great and cattle and a load of warblers. Off there tomorrow morning to see what we can see.
68DA84D9-DB3E-40E9-B275-C7D083723F73.jpeg

That is a great crisp photo, well done. Those tile roofs make for some good eye grabbing contour. Looking forward to whatever comes next. I remember a time when "fab birds" meant something different! Ha ha!

That is a great crisp photo, well done. Those tile roofs make for some good eye grabbing contour. Looking forward to whatever comes next. I remember a time when "fab birds" meant something different! Ha ha!
Sweet shot of a lovely looking area to live. I bet the residents would love seeing this pic!
Just got back from wandering around that wetland. 06.30 start and 2hrs saunter. Cuckoos, great spotted woodpeckers etc etc. Good to be alive.

I'm glad you got a break in the weather. It's such a drag waiting through duldrie skies for a chance to fly. Great shot and looking forward to more. Hae a great day.

Reactions: twickers14
Happy that you were finally able to fly twickers14! Fantastic picture with nice composition. So cool that you were able to spot a few birds already. Do you carry a camera with a long lens that is quieter then the spark to shoot the birds?

Happy that you were finally able to fly twickers14! Fantastic picture with nice composition. So cool that you were able to spot a few birds already. Do you carry a camera with a long lens that is quieter then the spark to shoot the birds?
Thanks for you kind words. To be honest I was using my iPhone to fly as we were away from home and travelling light and with my eyes and the sun’s glare (I’ve got a shade for my iPad but not iPhone) I couldn’t really see exactly what I was shooting so banged about 20 shots off and this was one I was happy with! I do have what I call a “whopper” 500mm lens but again that is so heavy I seldom take it with me so I use a75/350 which gets most of what I want on the birding front.

Reactions: RotorWash
Thanks for the reply twickers14. Yeah, 500mm is a whopper in my book but I agree, too big/heavy to carry any distance. The 75/350 is a good work around. It is not uncommon for me to bang off as many as possible and try to pick out the nice ones in post. Again, thank you sir for sharing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex