Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Update - Goggle Flight Records Not Synchronizing

Ted Schoenfelder

Join
Feb 20, 2018
For at least 6 months I have been aware the DJI Goggle flight records do not synchronize with other flight records in DJI Go 4. In fact, I am not sure DJI can access any of those records. DJI has admitted they have a server problem and even though your Goggle flight records may indicate they are uploading correctly ,and show they "successfully" uploaded. This is not the case! If you check DJI Go 4 after you synchronize your Goggle flight records you will likely find they are not there! If any of you DJI Goggle users have found this to be the case, please speak up!

I've had numerous support personnel tell me it was a problem with my Goggles and not a wide spread issue, but in August I sent the Goggles into support and there own personnel could not get the records to synchronize with their DJI server! They have a problem and they know it! On the positive side, they claim they are working on a firmware fix, but since they've know this for at least six months, I'm not overly confident this will actually happen any time soon, unless they get some heat to get it done!

Currently, if your drone flies off, or you crash, there is no flight record DJI can examine to determine cause, or that you can use to help locate your aircraft. I know! In June I ended up paying for a replacement Spark using my Refresh Program because DJI could not validate the reason for the crash, even though I felt it was a warranty issue. In DJI's favor, I later sent the Goggles into support and after they determined even they could not get the flight records to synchronize they credited me back the Refresh expense. It appears they have been trying to keep this hush, hush to minimize the pressure from customers. But I think it is time to turn up the heat, so if you have observed this problem when using the Goggles please chime in. DJI needs to step up the effort in solving this problem and get a fix out ASAP!

Reactions: David DeSmet
For at least 6 months I have been aware the DJI Goggle flight records do not synchronize with other flight records in DJI Go 4. In fact, I am not sure DJI can access any of those records. DJI has admitted they have a server problem and even though your Goggle flight records may indicate they are uploading correctly ,and show they "successfully" uploaded. This is not the case! If you check DJI Go 4 after you synchronize your Goggle flight records you will likely find they are not there! If any of you DJI Goggle users have found this to be the case, please speak up!

I've had numerous support personnel tell me it was a problem with my Goggles and not a wide spread issue, but in August I sent the Goggles into support and there own personnel could not get the records to synchronize with their DJI server! They have a problem and they know it! On the positive side, they claim they are working on a firmware fix, but since they've know this for at least six months, I'm not overly confident this will actually happen any time soon, unless they get some heat to get it done!

Currently, if your drone flies off, or you crash, there is no flight record DJI can examine to determine cause, or that you can use to help locate your aircraft. I know! In June I ended up paying for a replacement Spark using my Refresh Program because DJI could not validate the reason for the crash, even though I felt it was a warranty issue. In DJI's favor, I later sent the Goggles into support and after they determined even they could not get the flight records to synchronize they credited me back the Refresh expense. It appears they have been trying to keep this hush, hush to minimize the pressure from customers. But I think it is time to turn up the heat, so if you have observed this problem when using the Goggles please chime in. DJI needs to step up the effort in solving this problem and get a fix out ASAP!
I have the same problem....and for me is very important one of flight record beucase i lost a phantom 4 and i can find it beucase it not sync the flight from googles...

Reactions: David DeSmet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit