Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Updating the home point after moving?

Glen

Join
Jul 2, 2017
Does anyone know if its possible to update the return to home point while flying. I am using an OTG cable connected to the RC but sometimes I would like to reset the home point after I have walked well away from it. Haven't had it take off on me as yet as there is time to cancel the return to home when battery gets low but it would be a nice function if available.

I don't know in Spark, but in my Mavic, in settings , there's an option to alternate this. Or RTH or follow RC.

It is here in the MC settings. One is the current Spark position and second is location of the phone/tablet.
Take care, it could be not that accurate (tablet without GPS or GPS given position with some meters of error).
You should check the position on the map; which require to have the RC.
Capture.PNG

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-9_9-23-54.png
    upload_2017-7-9_9-23-54.png
    387.1 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Barry Garfield
Ah, thanks Dronason. Not too worried about accuracy just as long as it comes back to me and not where it took off from as sometimes thats a couple of hundred meters away from where I need it to be.

It is here in the MC settings. One is the current Spark position and second is location of the phone/tablet.
Take care, it could be not that accurate (tablet without GPS or GPS given position with some meters of error).
You should check the position on the map; which require to have the RC.
View attachment 415
Thanks for the info.... I was wondering the same thing as I am planning to use Active Track with the RC on a bike ride.. I didn't know which icon meant back to take off and which meant it would return to where I set it at that moment.. So the icon with the man in it means it will return to where I am located at that moment and the first icon means it will return to original take-off point ??

Yes. The one that is circled. That means where you are with that remote or phone at that moment. But what they were sayin is you want to make sure that it "gets it." That is correct so you want to check it real quick on the map or find my drone.

Yes, better to double check. Never used it, but I will try it. I have an iPad now that has no GPS, so where I usually fly there are no wifi to guess where I am, I hope GO app will give some message that either it is impossible or warn me to double check.
These icons will for sure work for normal fly mode but for other special fly modes there could be difference, to be tested as it is not covered in the manual.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef