Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

upscaling to 4k!!!

sheldin serju

Join
Aug 28, 2017
Hey guys, I've been hearing about the ability to upscale footage to 4k for a while now. Let me know how it looks

Not well, especially since you exported it as 1080. So you probably made it larger, then smaller again, losing detail in the process and ending with something worse than the original.

Upscaling is pointless anyway, that's no different than what the playback device would do when someone with a 4K screen clicked "full screen".

Nice shots though.

Last edited:
Upscaling is useful if you want to include Spark footage with 4K footage from another source and output as 4K to maximise quality for all but the Spark shots, so I guess its good practise. Youtube i not showing the 4K though.

Not well, especially since you exported it as 1080. So you probably made it larger, then smaller again, losing detail in the process and ending with something worse than the original.

Upscaling is pointless anyway, that's no different than what the playback device would do when someone with a 4K screen clicked "full screen".

Nice shots though.
If it was done wrong what is the proper way to do it?

Hey guys, I've been hearing about the ability to upscale footage to 4k for a while now. Let me know how it looks

I really like this footage. Could you explain how to upscale to 4k? Is it on the drone settings or is it through the editing program used and if so what program we're you using?

Yes, whatever you uploaded to YouTube is only 1080.
However, there could be an issue where YouTube got stuck rendering after 1080.
I have 2 videos that are only in 1080 but I know I uploaded in 4K.
Slim chance, but possible.

I just run my stuff through Filmora and render the video in 3840x2160 with best pre-set.
I have received comments that the cuts I produce look fantastic on a 4K TV.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast