Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

USA users: FAA registration

I swear trump is worse than a terrorist
Like him or hate him, he certainly didn't make that decision on his own. Lots of people were in favor of this registration process for various reasons.

yea and it will lead to the complete ban of public use of droned as so many are pushing for

People doing dangerous things (like flying beyond VLOS) will more likely contribute to the movement toward such a ban.

I'm not going to register anything. If that's the way they want to be I just wont fly anywhere outside my yard or above 15 feet inside my fenced in yard. I am the type who is anti government to the point to where I think the us government is basically no better than a terrorist empire. And I will not put my name and info deeper into their system. However with that said, if it becomes too much of a risk, I'll just sell all my drones and be done with it.

If that's the way they want to be I just wont fly anywhere outside my yard or above 15 feet inside my fenced in yard.
That's still illegal per US law.

Illegal to fly in a yard I'm paying for? Wow, this country is becoming as screwed up as N. Korea and China. I swear I am starting to think america is a horrible country I should just abandon and leave. The corruption and unreasonable laws are as pathetic as Kim J. Eun

I'm not even a permanent resident here yet, so I wonder if I ever did decide to register, which I most likely wont, would I be able to.

Anyone (resident or not) can register on the FAA's website.

Least there is that, still not registering. Like I said, Guess I will just sell all my drones. I swear I have lived in Taiwan most of my life and there is far, more freedom there than here omg! The lack of personal freedom and privacy here is beyond unreal.

Guess I will just sell all my drones
Considering what you've shared above so far, that would probably best your best move. If you get caught doing something illegal with your drone, it could end up being a very expensive mistake.

It is sad the the us government has gotten so controlling of its people that it forces control over every single thing they do. I see why my home country, China, and N.Korea think horribly of america, this place is horrible to its people. No personal freedom or privacy at all. I guess the constitution is truly dead like so many others have told me. Jesus, I am shocked at how controlling it is here.

It is sad the the us government has gotten so controlling of its people that it forces control over every single thing they do. I see why my home country, China, and N.Korea think horribly of america, this place is horrible to its people
It seems China's drone laws are just as strict (if not stricter) than US law. See more details here.

I wasn't speaking of drone laws actually. When I was told about the drone laws here it made think about everything else. There is just no freedom here, every freedom given here has some shadowy hidden sinister agency watching everything you do in it.

You got it. Unfortunately, you don't own the sky above your yard.

Nor the mineral rights below. You actually don’t own the land. Just leasing. Can’t move it if you move and can’t take it with you when you die. Just leasing.

Congress stuck it into the defense spending bill for the year. No way the president wasn't going to sign it because of some one line thing about drones.

You should definitely try flying your drone in North Korea OP. [emoji52][emoji58][emoji849]

Nor the mineral rights below. You actually don’t own the land. Just leasing. Can’t move it if you move and can’t take it with you when you die. Just leasing.
Not true. How do you think people get money from having oil/gas wells on their property?
We have land that we own the mineral rights on, and a few acres that we don't. For a while in N.TX almost everyone was getting checks from the Gas companies who were drilling in neighborhoods, because the home owners, OWNED the mineral rights to their lots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav