Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

USAF Is Jamming GPS In The Western U.S. For Largest Ever Red Flag Air War Exercise

NyJosh

Join
Jan 23, 2018
Just a heads up for folks out west. If you're having wonky GPS issues over the next few weeks...

USAF Is Jamming GPS In The Western U.S. For Largest Ever Red Flag Air War Exercise

The disruptions will begin on January 26th and will run through February 16th. Flying.com reports:

"The NBAA Command Center reports the U.S. military will begin training exercises on the Nevada Test and Training Range between 0400Z until 0700Z daily. Training maneuvers will impact vast portions of the Western U.S. including California, Nevada, Oregon, Wyoming, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Montana and New Mexico. FAA enroute ATC centers affected include Albuquerque (ZAB), Denver (ZDV), Los Angeles (ZLA), Salt Lake (ZLC), Oakland (ZOA) and Seattle (ZSE). Operations in R-2508 and R-2501 may also be impacted.

Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea that this was going on. I'm travelling out to Las Vegas today and was hoping to do some shots at Red Rock.

Does anyone know if I'm better off just not attempting it? I wouldn't want my drone to fly off on its own >:O

Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea that this was going on. I'm travelling out to Las Vegas today and was hoping to do some shots at Red Rock.

Does anyone know if I'm better off just not attempting it? I wouldn't want my drone to fly off on its own >:O

I was in LV Christmas week and flew at Red Rock, very beautiful rock formations. Enjoy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy