Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

USB-Splitter

Bubbles!!!

Join
Jun 13, 2017
Anyone thought of or used a USB splitter for adding a second display? Or for using a HUD?
I've found a cheap, but seemingly well made wearable monitor. Vufine
The others that I've found don't really point towards anything useful with drones or cost as much as a P4...
Vufine takes an HDMI connection to work and has a 720p resolution (pretty good for its size IMO)
I was thinking of attaching it taking over the remotes USB slot with a Micro USB to HDMI (either micro or standard) and then into an HDMI cable provided with the HUD.
Or taking a Micro USB splitter, still using the OTG function for my phone with one end, and then having the other connect to the HUD.

For those confused, HUD (Heads Up Display) like Ironman... Just not as cool or holographic, yet...

My use for the HUD would simply be so I wouldn't have to guess where the aircraft was in the air, and I could keep my eyes on it the entire time while still generally seeing the shot, and knowing where to put the antennas to get the most distance and control out of Bubbles (My Spark)
Also a small bonus, it'd make anyone wearing them look like a total badass :cool:

You can't just split USB. Sometimes you can find splitter cables for charging, but not for data transfer.

The RC does not have an HDMI output, it is just data coming out of that port. Micro USB to HDMI will do nothing.

If you want to do this, you will need to connect your mobile via WiFi, and use the HDMI out of your mobile device (if capable). There is no way to use OTG and HDMI at the same time.

Reactions: Bubbles!!!
You can't just split USB. Sometimes you can find splitter cables for charging, but not for data transfer.

The RC does not have an HDMI output, it is just data coming out of that port. Micro USB to HDMI will do nothing.

If you want to do this, you will need to connect your mobile via WiFi, and use the HDMI out of your mobile device (if capable). There is no way to use OTG and HDMI at the same time.
Thank ya! Too bad everything isn't universal xD

Might as well just buy the crystal sky at this point xD it has ALL the ports we'll ever need...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis