Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Used Incandescent White Balance in the sunlight

delovelady

Join
Jul 9, 2017
I accidentally used Incandescent WB on my Spark when taking pictures at the lake this past weekend. The net result is that everything in the photos has a significant green hue to it. Videos are like that too, of course, but at the moment I'm more concerned with the irreplaceable photos.

I've tried to fix them with GIMP, and have had dramatic change, close to reality, but not close enough. Wondering if someone on this platform who has better photo editing skills has run into and fixed a problem like this, and what you might advise. Note that I don't have Photoshop or any other premium editor.

You can see one picture at http://www.lovelady.com/misc/DJI_1419.jpg

hy
for this, use lightroom, great soft, i am sure, you can make a good job, with !
Lightroorm, is MUST you have for photos Pro, corrections.
bye

Hi Dennis, try Luminar. Great results, cheap and a trial period. Mess about with the colour balance and hue..www.macphun.com (pc and Mac)

Jake
Thanks, @sparkpod! Unfortunately, looks like Luminar for PC is not yet available. I don't have Mac at hand, so that product is out for now. From the website overview, though, it does look like a fantastic product for another day.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Reactions: sparkpod
hy
for this, use lightroom, great soft, i am sure, you can make a good job, with !
Lightroorm, is MUST you have for photos Pro, corrections.
bye
Thanks, @marrakchi.

That seems to be the most widely used editor in the world, and there's bound to be good cause for that. But I have been avoiding the outrageous Adobe price. Unless it brings some capability not in other options, I'm afraid I'll have to pass on that. So with that in mind, do you know if Lightroom does a better job than others such as GIMP?

I am currently on vacation, but if you want to send me your picture, next Tuesday, I can assay to correct it
He put a link in the first post, it is the a full res picture.

I am currently on vacation, but if you want to send me your picture, next Tuesday, I can assay to correct it
While I appreciate that offer very much (and gladly accept it), please understand my goal here is not to get someone to do this for me. There are too many pictures involved, and I could not ask someone to take their precious time (it is so very precious) to fix them for me. The purpose here is to find advice, or even a roadmap that I can follow to achieve the desired results. So, yes, please do try to fix that picture from my first post on this topic. But more than that, if you could tell me how that was done, maybe I could fix the others.

Thanks so much, you are very generous.

Have you tried lightroom app. On iOS it does quite a lot of things wonderfully. Register for free and you will unlock the features.

Tried lightroom and snapseed on iphone, got this result. Took me a long time, selecting and correcting certain part. Not sure whether this is the correct color. And you see i still miss a lot of spots, but you get the idea hehe

IMG_4925.jpg

Tried lightroom and snapseed on iphone, got this result. Took me a long time, selecting and correcting certain part. Not sure whether this is the correct color. And you see i still miss a lot of spots, but you get the idea hehe

IMG_4925.jpg
Wow, that's good too. Thanks. As with all options, looks like time and experience are the key factors, and I lack both presently. I've learned from this though, so it's not all a bust. Next time I need an abstract, this thread will be my starting point. Some cool tools for excellent results. Thanks for all the tips.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar