Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

used Spark

NRRTRAINS

Join
Jul 25, 2018
Loc
Staten Island, New York
picked up my used Spark tonight . do i have to register it with DJI . I down loaded the latest updated firmware . on my phone the update log is empty is this normal .

picked up my used Spark tonight . do i have to register it with DJI
No. Just install DJI GO, log into your DJI account, and fly.

yes i am registered with the FAA and have been from day one also i am a member of the AMA .
thank you

Good for you!

I had considered joining AMA for the liability insurance alone but couldn't confirm it actually paid out any claims. They aren't an insurance company so they just farm it out to an independent carrier. You could have a different insurer every time they find a better volume discount.

You hope you never need the coverage but you need to know they will actually protect you if there's an accident. Even though the AMA has a good reputation the carriers themselves derive profits by collecting premiums and not paying claims. So I'm a little skeptical

Do you have confidence the insurance is adequate? If so, what is the basis for this?

Any other benefits to joining AMA as a drone pilot?

Thanks!

Good for you!

I had considered joining AMA for the liability insurance alone but couldn't confirm it actually paid out any claims. They aren't an insurance company so they just farm it out to an independent carrier. You could have a different insurer every time they find a better volume discount.

You hope you never need the coverage but you need to know they will actually protect you if there's an accident. Even though the AMA has a good reputation the carriers themselves derive profits by collecting premiums and not paying claims. So I'm a little skeptical

Do you have confidence the insurance is adequate? If so, what is the basis for this?

Any other benefits to joining AMA as a drone pilot?d
Thanks!
don't take this as fact this is what i understand .

i belong to a RC flying club and as a member we are required to join the AMA to be covered at the field and any meet we attend . just in case someone dose get hurt while at the field you have some type of insurance to cover yourself and any person that mite get hurt . now if you go to a park or in the woods , i don't know if you are covered by the AMA , what i bleive is it has to be a club event or when you are at a sanction field that the club fly's at and you have to be a member of an RC club .
the AMA is fantastic , good people fighting for us drone pilots and all RC pilots in general .
i live in staten island and when President TRUMP goes to play golf in N.J.or goes home to N.Y.C. we receive NOTAM warnings from the AMA and everything in 30 nautical miles can not fly . the AMA reached out to other RC flying clubs out of the 30 mile circle and asked to let clubs that are in the 30 mile no fly zone to use their field an they agreed to let us fly their field .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef