Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Useful 3D Printed Spark Accessories.

Skippy111taz

Join
Nov 25, 2017
Loc
Canada
A place to share useful 3D printed Spark Accessories. And to start I'm sharing my design.
In the little time I have owned my Spark this forum has helped me alot. This is my way of saying thanks. I just published this for download. DJI Spark Mobile Command Center by Skippy111taz
My Nexus 6 never fit right, and I hated the way the screen was under my hands. So I designed and printed a fix. This adapter can hold anything from a smartphone to a tablet. And it all can be mounted an a tripod or shoulder strap with a 1/4" thread. Some assembly and hardware is required. Hope you guys like it, l know I do.

Attachments

• _MG_8554%20copy.jpg
    _MG_8554%20copy.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Hi Skippy, will you sell me one of the command centers?
This is a 3D print that is free to download. Most public librarys will do 3D printing services. Then there is just the matter of getting the hardware and assemble.
If you still would rather just buy one from me then yes I suppose I could build and sell you one. I have lots of extra hardware. Just know that I live in Canada so depending where you are, shipping might cost a bit. Send me a PM if your interested.

Last edited:
Nice Job @Skippy111taz. I am on that site daily as a n00b 3D Printer enthusiast. :D
I may give it a go when Santa replenishes my filament stock.

Reactions: Skippy111taz
Is there some way to figure out how long a 3D print will take? My local library offers printing services, but due to demand it has a 3 hour per print limit.

Is there some way to figure out how long a 3D print will take? My local library offers printing services, but due to demand it has a 3 hour per print limit.
It depends mainly on the printer being used and the resolution/infill (layer thickness/solid ness). If you knew that, then you could run the model through the slicing software that preps it for the printer. It's free software called Cura. It can then give a time estimate.
I know my model takes roughly 5-6 hours total in one print. You can do the parts separately or in 2's to reduce time per print.

I printed the TX tripod holder and it took about 10.5 hours to complete all parts for a tablet. I would estimate 9 hours for a phone version.
I used cheap consumer printer at .15 resolution and 20% infill. Big thanks to @Skippy111taz for publishing the file. :)

IMG_4799 2.jpg

PS - I was asked about time on this project and I under-estimated it badly. Was that you who asked me @Skippy111taz? Sorry about the time mistake.

I printed the TX tripod holder and it took about 10.5 hours to complete all parts for a tablet. I would estimate 9 hours for a phone version.
I used cheap consumer printer at .15 resolution and 20% infill. Big thanks to @Skippy111taz for publishing the file. :)

View attachment 2339

PS - I was asked about time on this project and I under-estimated it badly. Was that you who asked me @Skippy111taz? Sorry about the time mistake.
Dam. You printed that at a high resolution. I thought it looked pretty solid. At the lowest resolution my printer did it in just over 5 hours. This is what I was saying to buddy. Print time varies depending on the resolution and printer. She looks good, I hope you enjoy it. Your welcome.

That is "low quality" on my printer, it will print to 0.02 (20 micron). What did you print it at?

That printer should be 400 - 100 as the specs go. I am using the MP Maker Select Pro Ultimate. On my third one. :rolleyes:

A place to share useful 3D printed Spark Accessories. And to start I'm sharing my design.
In the little time I have owned my Spark this forum has helped me alot. This is my way of saying thanks. I just published this for download. DJI Spark Mobile Command Center by Skippy111taz
My Nexus 6 never fit right, and I hated the way the screen was under my hands. So I designed and printed a fix. This adapter can hold anything from a smartphone to a tablet. And it all can be mounted an a tripod or shoulder strap with a 1/4" thread. Some assembly and hardware is required. Hope you guys like it, l know I do.

Looks very nice and thought out. I'm gonna check with my local library and see if I can print it there. Thanks man.

Reactions: Skippy111taz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena