Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Using both RC and phone to control (different times)

mysticalice

Join
Jul 21, 2017
Hi
New Spark pilot; just got it yesterday
Took me to a while to figure out that there were TWO wifi networks. The RC would not connect to the drone, so I reset the network on it (hold down power button on powered up spark for 10 seconds until 3 beeps) Then I was able to connect.

However I've noticed once I connect the RC to the drone (pressing the 3 button combination on the RC), then i'm unable to (later) connect my phone to the drone. It's like once the RC pairs with it, it no longer broadcasts a wifi network

Only way I can get it to again is holding down the power button on the drone till 3 beeps. Then I can connect my phone to it, and control it from my phone. But as soon as I turn on the RC controller, and register the RC controller with it (holding down the 3 buttons on the RC controller), then after that i'm not able to connect my phone to it. Even after shutting down the RC controller, restarting the drone, etc.

Any ideas?

Only way I can get it to again is holding down the power button on the drone till 3 beeps.
I found this is the only process that works for me too. I don't think there is any other way to do it.

Did a little more research and seems like that's a standard issue.

Maybe not an issue... who knows... maybe it's 'by design'

I'm all for using the RC when possible, but there are perks to having just the lightweight drone, and no other accessories

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena