Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

using NDL with Spark firmware v01.00.1000

Rmwac

Join
Dec 11, 2018
I just got done doing the NLZ trick on my Spark using NLD. I am confirming what a few others have noticed: Although NLD claims ver .1000 is NLZ removal-compatible, it is NOT. You cannot remove NLZ's in the .1000 firmware!!! The app will hang, but thankfully no harm is done should that happen. You must first roll back to firmware .0900, then you will be able to accomplish the NLZ trick.
Also, make sure you use a full battery for the firmware rollback. The download will take a few smooth minutes. Now, when the firmware flashes to the Spark, at about 86%, things will stop for several minutes, and you will see some led changes, along with disconnecting/reconnecting of the Spark to Windows. Do not sweat, it is doing it's thing and will again pick up and complete the flash. I get sweaty palmed when those timelines stop and 'hang,' so just be ready for this. Also great news.... NLD no longer requires using DJI Assistant 2 during any of these processes. Totally standalone now!!

Well, the moment you don't live near an England
Intl airport...
Just kidding, of course. :D

After spending my $37 for NLD, It looks as if there are some incompatabilities with the Spark, their patched version of the DJIGO4 app, and the ability to use OTG cables.... if you want to be rid of DJI's NFZ, forced firmware updates, and mandatory reporting to their servers every time you fly. Mavic Phantom 4 seem to be smooth, but Spark mods may not be ready for prime time yet. I'll wait awhile, watch posts from the company, and try the mods again if they make progress. The latency using wifi is just not acceptable with the Spark. Barely OK with OTG csble. My Mavic Pro is instantaneous with my Galaxy9s as well as my Samsung Tablet A.

Hey guys im using nld on spark as well without any issues. The seperate nfz patch doesnt not flash while the firmware is 1000. I had to downgrade to .900 firmware, and now i can flash the nfz patch to the bird without a problem. The people at NLD are aware of the issue and working on it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast