Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video Editing software

Amy Quinns

Join
Dec 18, 2018
Which Video Editing Software should be used?
This is a very common question for newbie. Today, I will list some video editing software for reference in case someone needs:

Free: DaVinci Resolve
DJI GO
GoPro Studio
iMovie
OpenShot
Shotcut
Windows Movie Maker

Paid Software:
Adobe Premiere Elements
Adobe Premiere Pro
Cyberlink PowerDirector
Final Cut Pro
MAGIX Vegas
Pinnacle Studio
ProDrenalin
Wondershare Filmora
Panotour

Here are some software that is mostly used. Hope that It will support you somehow.

I am also a Real Estate Video Editing provider. And most of our products are made with Adobe Premiere Pro. It works well with us and can meet all of our demands.

Reactions: Huntman2014
I myself and a lot of others here use the Wondershare Filmora. If you install the free version then try to uninstall it, you will get an offer for a permanent license at a reasonable price with no monthly fee. That is what happened to me anyway. I bought the premium version for less than $40. I like it's features and there are a lot of tutorials on it on YouTube.

Thanks for that list. Of all the free versions which is easiest to use with a decent set of features?

Thanks for that list. Of all the free versions which is easiest to use with a decent set of features?
I tried OpenShot but it was complicated. Filmora was much easier to use.

I find Microsoft Movie Maker (included with Windows 10) excellent to process video and stills from numerous sources (Spark, Gopro, dashcam, DSL camera) - easy to add music as well. If you want to process Spark Panorama Mode stills try Microsoft ICE - free download and very easy to use.

Cyberlink PowerDirector . If you get a version that's a year or 2 old, the price is very good (~ $30 range), and it's significantly better than all the free ones, but not very pricey like Adobe / Final, etc. that the Pro's use.

Reactions: edkrisiak
I like Davinci Resolve (currently version 15). Do note that it has problems with .AVI files, so for those I use Shotcut. Fortunately, the Spark is .MP4.

Best for any of them is to watch some youtube videos on how to use them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erognos and chits
This is a very common question for newbie. Today, I will list some video editing software for reference in case someone needs:

DJI GO
GoPro Studio
iMovie
OpenShot
Shotcut
Windows Movie Maker

Paid Software:
Adobe Premiere Elements
Adobe Premiere Pro
Cyberlink PowerDirector
Final Cut Pro
MAGIX Vegas
Pinnacle Studio
ProDrenalin
Wondershare Filmora
Panotour

Here are some software that is mostly used. Hope that It will support you somehow.

I am also a Real Estate Video Editing provider. And most of our products are made with Adobe Premiere Pro. It works well with us and can meet all of our demands.
I use premiere elements and I love it. However davinci Resolve is insanely good for a free software.

I myself and a lot of others here use the Wondershare Filmora. If you install the free version then try to uninstall it, you will get an offer for a permanent license at a reasonable price with no monthly fee. That is what happened to me anyway. I bought the premium version for less than $40. I like it's features and there are a lot of tutorials on it on YouTube.

I'm researching easy to use editors as well, and stumbled on Wondershare Filmora. However, I have found quite a few threads, pages, and Youtube videos claiming that Wondershare installs malware and viruses on your computer.

Obviously those recommending it wouldn't be aware of this, can you guys scan and see if there's any truth to this?

Reactions: Rocco Germani
I have Filmora on my desktop pc as well as my laptop and I use Avast Premium anti-virus on both and it has never reported any such issues ever. And Avast does a weekly scan as well.

I like Davinci Resolve (currently version 15). Do note that it has problems with .AVI files, so for those I use Shotcut. Fortunately, the Spark is .MP4.

Best for any of them is to watch some youtube videos on how to use them.

I had never heard of DaVinci Resolve before visiting this forum. I installed it yesterday to see what it's like and was BLOWN AWAY. This is a serious editor, and rewards you for learning it with excellent results. I can't believe this thing is FREE.

I had never heard of DaVinci Resolve before visiting this forum. I installed it yesterday to see what it's like and was BLOWN AWAY. This is a serious editor, and rewards you for learning it with excellent results. I can't believe this thing is FREE.

I downloaded Davinci Resolve as well, and it's insane. The only thing is that I don't have a lot of experience with these editors, and it's too complicated for me. It looks like a full featured piece of software though for sure, very cool.

I downloaded Davinci Resolve as well, and it's insane. The only thing is that I don't have a lot of experience with these editors, and it's too complicated for me. It looks like a full featured piece of software though for sure, very cool.
I use both this and adobe premiere elements. It takes a bit to get used to, but once you get experienced it is all worth it.

Reactions: voodoo
So I decided to try Wondershare Filmora. The free version has a watermark. $59 for a lifetime unlimited license.

It is however very easy to use for someone like myself with limited editing experience. It was easy to import my video and to start making edits, adding transitions and music.

It seems much more limited than the free Davinci software, but at least I can operate it :)

Resolve does take a bit of getting used to, even if you've had experience with other non-linear editors. I had previously used VideoStudio from uLead and subsequently Corel for years, and while understanding the basic concepts helped, there were a couple of things that puzzled me for a bit.

Adding transitions between clips was the biggest issue. If you're doing something like a dissolve, DR expects you to trim the ends of the clips enough to provide some transition footage for the dissolve effect. If you don't, it won't let you add the transition.

The other was titles. Doing a straight text title with simple effects like scrolling is very easy, but anything more complicated than that requires digging into the Fusion toolset and that's pretty daunting.

The great thing is that there are literally hundreds of videos on YouTube that explain how to do pretty much everything you'd care to.

DJI GO
GoPro Studio
iMovie
OpenShot
Shotcut
Windows Movie Maker

Paid Software:
Adobe Premiere Elements
Adobe Premiere Pro
Cyberlink PowerDirector
Final Cut Pro
MAGIX Vegas
Pinnacle Studio
ProDrenalin
Wondershare Filmora
Panotour

I bought powerdirector absolutely brilliant editing software.
The transition's are just drag and drop onto the ends and cuts of your videos the music and photodirector software is just as good, I ended up buying them all with the colour grading and lut software as well.

I wish I could use the DJI built in editor but it fails to save. I use its clip making since it is fast and easy. I like the music features too, but the titling seems limited in the built in app. So I just use Power Director to finish my edits which works just fine on my phone.

You caught my interest in the PowerDirector App, it claims to do everything I'd want. I tried to download it from Microsoft .com, got the message "PowerDirector Mobile is currently not available" and it does not appear in the App store. Any idea where I can get it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme