Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video Editing software

You caught my interest in the PowerDirector App, it claims to do everything I'd want. I tried to download it from Microsoft .com, got the message "PowerDirector Mobile is currently not available" and it does not appear in the App store. Any idea where I can get it?

Your link on the Microsft site was for Windows phone which are extinct.

PowerDIrector is distributed by Cyberlink on the Google Play Store for Android mobile devices

Download PowerDirector

OK, got it thanks, so I assume you need to use the device it is on , cache video during flight, somehow then access it on the device through Power Director and edit?

It is on the PlayStore. The only problem I had with is getting updates like new filters, etc. I contacted them about it and I did what they suggested but nothing worked. They refunded my money. I thought I'd try again but for some strange reason it is locked up. I use Photo Director and everything works just fine. Updates and effects.

Which Video Editing Software should be used?
This is a very common question for newbie. Today, I will list some video editing software for reference in case someone needs:

Free: DaVinci Resolve
DJI GO
GoPro Studio
iMovie
OpenShot
Shotcut
Windows Movie Maker

Paid Software:
Adobe Premiere Elements
Adobe Premiere Pro
Cyberlink PowerDirector
Final Cut Pro
MAGIX Vegas
Pinnacle Studio
ProDrenalin
Wondershare Filmora
Panotour

Here are some software that is mostly used. Hope that It will support you somehow.

I am also a Real Estate Video Editing provider. And most of our products are made with Adobe Premiere Pro. It works well with us and can meet all of our demands.

Hi,
You can add in the free side:
Hitfilm Express

And payed
Hitfilm pro.

C.

Cyberlink PowerDirector . If you get a version that's a year or 2 old, the price is very good (~ $30 range), and it's significantly better than all the free ones, but not very pricey like Adobe / Final, etc. that the Pro's use.
Power director is really easy to use.

Sony Vegas all the way. Then i use JustAlexHalford for the tutorials. Software is easliy found on mirrors;)
THIS is one of my holiday edits using Sony Vegas. First 2mins has not music as Will Smith Miami tune was not allowed:rolleyes: But shows you the overlays you can do with a bit of photoshop as well as Sony Vegas in the first few secs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Haggi
I just downloaded Davinci Resolve and it is amazing for free software. If your not familiar with any other platform I would suggest learning on this one. It has a lot of professional features and an option to add even more for the paid version. It all comes down to user preference so just make sure your comfortable with whichever software you decide to go with.

I just downloaded Davinci Resolve and it is amazing for free software. If your not familiar with any other platform I would suggest learning on this one. It has a lot of professional features and an option to add even more for the paid version. It all comes down to user preference so just make sure your comfortable with whichever software you decide to go with.

DaVinci Resolve is undoubtedly the best "free software" available right now but its system requirements are pretty high. That's the reason I feel Wondershare Filmora is the best when it comes to non-professionals who do not own a high configuration desktop or laptop. Upgrading your PC will cost a lot more than buying a software like Filmora. I think they have a trial version available on their website too. So new users should try both DaVinci and Filmora to find out which suits their system the best.

Reactions: LuisCarmona
I tried DaVinci and it got an error trying to install. Now it crashes any time I try to do something.

HitFilm Express work well for me.

Which Video Editing Software should be used?
This is a very common question for newbie. Today, I will list some video editing software for reference in case someone needs:

Free: DaVinci Resolve
DJI GO
GoPro Studio
iMovie
OpenShot
Shotcut
Windows Movie Maker

Paid Software:
Adobe Premiere Elements
Adobe Premiere Pro
Cyberlink PowerDirector
Final Cut Pro
MAGIX Vegas
Pinnacle Studio
ProDrenalin
Wondershare Filmora
Panotour

Here are some software that is mostly used. Hope that It will support you somehow.

I am also a Real Estate Video Editing provider. And most of our products are made with Adobe Premiere Pro. It works well with us and can meet all of our demands.

So, gopro studio will work? I am wanting to make 360 panoramic videos....

Just to add my personal preference to the list, I've been using Corel VIdeoStudio on my PC for a couple of years now. Pretty full featured and fairly simple to use. Has a number of add-ons that can get pretty sophisticated. Anyone else here have any experience with it?

I use Final Cut Pro X mostly but also sometimes use iMovie. If I want to post process my video completely on my phone (when I don’t have my laptop), I’ll use iMovie mobile.

Chris

Just to add my personal preference to the list, I've been using Corel VIdeoStudio on my PC for a couple of years now. Pretty full featured and fairly simple to use. Has a number of add-ons that can get pretty sophisticated. Anyone else here have any experience with it?

I used it for a number of years but dumped it with v9 as it refused to install on my Windows 10 x64 notebook. Their tech support was worthless ... I downloaded Davinci Resolve and never looked back. It's far superior and a relatively easy switch from VSPro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme