Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video editing software..

Same here, beta davinci resolve 15. Took 15 minutes youtube tutoral to get me started. I used ipad imovie before on my phantom 4 pro videos until it stopped working after updates.

I posted this before, but giveawayoftheday.com gives away free licensed software every 24 hours (you have to d/l and install within 24 hours of it being posted). They periodically have video editors as well as converters.

I'm frustrated here guys.....I'm using the iPad mini 4 to fly and want to edit the footage on it afterwards ,and ALL of the above apps cannot be found on appstore, NONE
WHY ?

I'm frustrated here guys.....I'm using the iPad mini 4 to fly and want to edit the footage on it afterwards ,and ALL of the above apps cannot be found on appstore, NONE
WHY ?

It looks like they are quoting you software titles.
Not app titles.
It is best to pull your vids from the Spark, load them onto a PC or MAC to edit.
iPad will just kill the quality of your videos trying to edit on there.
At least that is the results I found on my iPhone 7

I use iMovie on my ipad 10.5. I am also learning how to use davinci resolve 15 which is a big leap from iMovie.

Am I the only one that uses VSDC Video Editor? It is free, and I am used to it, but can't recommend it since I have not used any other. Please, if anyone have ever used VSDC is it worse or better than Da Vinci Resolve, to say ?

If you have an IOS device, Lumafusion is a good choice. It's extremely feature rich and easy to use for being a mobile suite. It's $20 but totally worth it imo. I really love being able to go from shooting to finished post processed video without ever even having to disconnect from my drone (out in the field)

Di Vinci requires some pretty hefty hardware, won't run on my 7 year old "gaming" computer. I don't game, but judging from the marketing of hardware I get the impression that's the most demanding area for consumer PCs (I don't see video editing motherboards. graphic cards from companies like ASUS and MSI)

I'll keep Di Vinci in mind when I get around to a new build if the required graphics card doesn't break the bank.
Easily the best free option is currently Da Vinci Resolve. It's a serious editor - takes a while to come to grips with it. But the free version has almost everything in the paid version, and it's getting more fully featured with each iteration. Worth a look - if you intend to do enough editing to make it worth learning.

Last edited:
WHY ?
Try Cyberlink's "Powerdirector". You can get it for Pc and in App-Store also.
I use both and "love" them.

I finally got Resolve to run, but it took a $3500 IMac with an I9 8-core processor, a Vega 48 graphics card with 8 Gigs of graphics RAM, 40 Gigs of system RAM and 27" Retna display. It's a dream after struggling with Hitfilm Express and a bunch of other video editors on my under powered Dell I7 "professional workstation". I'm not sure how much of the difference is due to the hardware and large display and how much is the software, but now I feel I'm getting somewhere with my video editing. (However most of my color edited Mavic footage still doesn't look as good as the "raw" video from my Spark. I've still got a way to go on the learning curve.)

Reactions: RotorWash
I finally got Resolve to run, but it took a $3500 IMac with an I9 8-core processor, a Vega 48 graphics card with 8 Gigs of graphics RAM, 40 Gigs of system RAM and 27" Retna display. It's a dream after struggling with Hitfilm Express and a bunch of other video editors on my under powered Dell I7 "professional workstation". I'm not sure how much of the difference is due to the hardware and large display and how much is the software, but now I feel I'm getting somewhere with my video editing. (However most of my color edited Mavic footage still doesn't look as good as the "raw" video from my Spark. I've still got a way to go on the learning curve.)
That's awesome Roger, great setup you got there! Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my lip.

WHY ?
I do all of my drone video editing (so far) on my iPad. I use LumaFusion. It’s excellent and costs around $30, if I recall correctly.

Just as an aside, I think I may have mentioned this in another topic on one of these drone forums. I have used ShotCut on various platforms (Its Mac, Linux, Windows compatible) to do one very specific thing. You can easily transcode your 30FPS Spark footage to 60FPS. Why you ask? The interpolation in its advanced settings "tweens" between frames to smooth out the yaws especially. I think it does a better job than FinalCut Pro X and Vegas Pro, both of which I frequently use. Have a look at Shotcut - Home , oh and its free!!!!!!! It kind of "butterizes" your turns and yaws... not perfectly, but better than stock!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme