Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video editor recommendation

Rick Saukas

Join
Apr 13, 2020
I am looking for a free/inexpensive software (or app) for video editing. I have a DJI Spark and would like to create some videos for personal use. Since I am a novice, the software would need to be easy to use and have tutorials either within the program or online. I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks!

Rick S

I am looking for a free/inexpensive software (or app) for video editing. I have a DJI Spark and would like to create some videos for personal use. Since I am a novice, the software would need to be easy to use and have tutorials either within the program or online. I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks!

Rick S
Lumafusion is excellent for editing on an iPad. I do pay $9.99 a month or you can pay $69.99 for the year. The YouTube channel 51 drones has some info on a free editing program as well.

Reactions: Rick Saukas
Lumafusion is excellent for editing on an iPad. I do pay $9.99 a month or you can pay $69.99 for the year. The YouTube channel 51 drones has some info on a free editing program as well.

Just to be clear, LumaFusion is not a monthly subscription. It’s a one-time $29.99
The prices you quote are for Storyblocks, the royalty free music add-on.

I use Adobe Premier elements. Current version is APE 2020 it sell for about $79 but older versions can be had on Ebay for much less.

Shotcut and VSDC Free Video Editor have their fans and Wondershare's Filmora is a good low cost alternative that's relatively easy to use.

Rick S
Davinci resolve is a good one for free. Has plenty of online YouTube tutorials available,takes a bit to get used to but check this link for tutorials

For now I'm using iMovie, it came free wit my iMac. But when I get better with editing, I would like to try something more advance.

Hi there.
I used to use Shotcut but have now moved exclusively to Animotica for Windows 10 because it's very easy to use and has pretty much all the tools I need for my drone videos. A lot of the features are free and if you want remove the watermarks for your final video, you pay a one-time lifetime price of about S$19.
Hope this helps!
Cheers

Reactions: les.warden

Rick S
Hi from Montana. If you are using iPhone, Splice by GoPro is excellent and Free. It has functions $$editors have and lots of music too. On a desktop, I use Adobe Premiere Pro. Cheers !

I had been using some different free apps but found them very limited. I finally paid for a subscription to Powerdirector. It seems packed with some great tools and is easy to use.

For pc, DaVinci resolve. Free for pet much anything you'd want, and many people like it more that Adobe premiere.

For Android, Kinemaster is intuitive and powerful. Free, if you don't mind an an obtrusive logo in the corner.

Hi from Montana. If you are using iPhone, Splice by GoPro is excellent and Free. It has functions $$editors have and lots of music too. On a desktop, I use Adobe Premiere Pro. Cheers !

Just got the GOPRO Splice app. $2.99 a week after 7 day free trial

I mainly use Adobe Premier when editing videos. I have tried other editing software that are "better" than Adobe but I feel comfortable playing around with Adobe. For me its just a lot easier to use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers