Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

video quality settings on Spark

grounded

Join
Aug 28, 2020
I have read plenty of posts on issues with video quality on Spark drones but in the responses I never seem to see adjusting the settings as being a solution. My original Spark unfortunately met its demise. I bought a supposed new one off of ebay but to me the video quality is not equal to that of my original Spark (may he rest in peace). To me the clarity is somewhat fuzzy. It's not horrible but not nearly as sharp as in my previous Spark. Could the seller possibly have snuck in a cheaper camera into my 'new' drone?
One response said to send it in to a shop and let them swap out the camera, but if there is something that I can do myself that I'm missing I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.
Thanks,
G

It's not a common thing to be able to replace with a cheaper grade camera.
I'm surprised you can still actually get a Spark new, but yes had a quick search and a few US sellers on ebay offering them.
They've been obsolete for quite some time, in Australia a couple of years, and batteries nearly as long.

I expect you've played around with focus settings, sharpness to see if the fuzzy look is not that ?
And does it take clear photos ?

There are cameras on ebay that I saw, and there would be YouTube tutorials to walk you through replacement.

I guess it comes down to how much support the seller is offering, are they a business ? An DJI authorised reseller ?
If so and they have stock, you should be able to swap out, or at least be able to go through DDJI warranty.
Once you go down the DIY fix route, you wna't get any help form the seller or DJI.

Good luck, hope you can solve this ok and reasonably painlessly.

Reactions: Flycombo
Thank you Oz, for your response. I am aware that the Spark is obsolete, but I already had the controller and the charging station so I thought if I could pick up a new Spark on ebay for $200 it would be a good deal.
Now this morning I tried a little experiment. I downloaded my latest video to my computer from the sd card and also from the phone. Much to my amazement, and I wouldn't blame you if you don't believe me, but the phone video was superior. I'm thinking maybe my sd card is somehow lacking.
My sd card is a 64gb Samdisk Ultra A1 that I bought off of Amazon. I'm thinking maybe an upgrade here might be worth a try.
Thanks again for your help.
G

Thank you Oz, for your response. I am aware that the Spark is obsolete, but I already had the controller and the charging station so I thought if I could pick up a new Spark on ebay for $200 it would be a good deal.
Now this morning I tried a little experiment. I downloaded my latest video to my computer from the sd card and also from the phone. Much to my amazement, and I wouldn't blame you if you don't believe me, but the phone video was superior. I'm thinking maybe my sd card is somehow lacking.
My sd card is a 64gb Samdisk Ultra A1 that I bought off of Amazon. I'm thinking maybe an upgrade here might be worth a try.
Thanks again for your help.
G

Never used the Sandisk Ultra, usually their Extreme.
The Spark doesn't need this really, I just use them them for the M1P so also do this for the Spark.
I just shoot 1080 video in the M1P too.

Looking at the ultra, it is only rated U1, so is slow, could be faulty, who knows.
Did you use this in the old Spark too, with success ?

May be worth trying a U3 card like the extreme.

Thanks Oz, I tried the Extreme card yesterday and there may have been a slight improvement but nothing dramatic. I appreciate your help. I think I'm just going to live with it. It isn't horrible, but I do miss my old spark. Maybe there is a new drone in my future.
G

Well, as much as it pains me to enter this post, I was about to try to clean the lens when I discovered I had forgotten to remove that clear plastic tape over the lens when I received the package from ebay. I would really prefer to just let this thread sink into oblivion, but if this will help some other idiot out someday I guess I will reveal the final resolution to my quandry. Now I'm going to banish myself from this forum for at least 3 months. Maybe more.
Thanks for all your help.
G

Well, as much as it pains me to enter this post, I was about to try to clean the lens when I discovered I had forgotten to remove that clear plastic tape over the lens when I received the package from ebay. I would really prefer to just let this thread sink into oblivion, but if this will help some other idiot out someday I guess I will reveal the final resolution to my quandry. Now I'm going to banish myself from this forum for at least 3 months. Maybe more.
G

Lol, you're not alone my drone flying associate !!

You can probably guess what's coming at the 1:00 minute mark.

G

We all pull a bone-headed move every once in a while.
Laugh it off and move on.

Reactions: RotorWash
It's a standup move to tell us so good on ya grounded. ? No worries, we've all done similar or worse, hope you'll post up a pic or two when you're ready!

:)

G
Better man than I am. I would just have changed my name.

Thanks for all your help and creative suggestions. This forum has always proven to be a big help. Here are before and after photos taken of the same general area before and after removal of the tape or whatever it was off of the lens. I hope they can be viewed.

Attachments

• before.png
    before.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • after.png
    after.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: RotorWash
Crystal clear now and looking good! Don't hesitate to ask if any other troubles should come along. Happy flying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex