Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Watch out, Air Magic and Catalina not compatible.

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Just a quick one. Have upgraded to Catalina on my Mac and gues what, although the editing works fine the resultant shots are not compatible with Instagram and Photoshop (and other apps too I suspect). When one wants to use shots from Photos in both apps it says Photos can’t be found. Also if you want to zoom in on a feature in an AirMagic edited shot it goes blurred. AM have responded to my concerns by saying that they are aware of the incompatibility but are concentrating on developing Luminar (whatever that is)! Real shame ’cos it’s a good app but a waste of space at the moment.

Reactions: I B Spectre
Just a quick one. Have upgraded to Catalina on my Mac and gues what, although the editing works fine the resultant shots are not compatible with Instagram and Photoshop (and other apps too I suspect). When one wants to use shots from Photos in both apps it says Photos can’t be found. Also if you want to zoom in on a feature in an AirMagic edited shot it goes blurred. AM have responded to my concerns by saying that they are aware of the incompatibility but are concentrating on developing Luminar (whatever that is)! Real shame ’cos it’s a good app but a waste of space at the moment.
Don't ya just love when an upgrade acts like a downgrade! argh. :(

Reactions: twickers14
Don't ya just love when an upgrade acts like a downgrade! argh. :(
I see this all too often. I've been using a grilling thermometer with bluetooth for about a year and it's done an excellent job right up until I installed an app upgrade. It can monitor up to six different probes and now when any one of them alarms showing the desired temperature has been reached, it disconnects the app. The company apologized, but didn't offer a solution. I asked if there was a way to get a copy of the older app, but got no response, so I've installed the newest version hoping it'll fix the problem. While this is annoying, at least the worst case scenario results in a cooking issue. I can still grill the old fashion way. I usually don't rush into software updates until after they've had a chance to be proven beneficial in real world use. In short, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reactions: RotorWash
I see this all too often. I've been using a grilling thermometer with bluetooth for about a year and it's done an excellent job right up until I installed an app upgrade. It can monitor up to six different probes and now when any one of them alarms showing the desired temperature has been reached, it disconnects the app. The company apologized, but didn't offer a solution. I asked if there was a way to get a copy of the older app, but got no response, so I've installed the newest version hoping it'll fix the problem. While this is annoying, at least the worst case scenario results in a cooking issue. I can still grill the old fashion way. I usually don't rush into software updates until after they've had a chance to be proven beneficial in real world use. In short, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Totally agree. In this case it seems that Air Magic never would upgrade it to work with Catalina. I am in the process of trying to get my money back. Their open explanation that they are lconcentrating on Luminar development” says it all-sod the existing customers let’s rake in some more cash. I shall be reverting to Photos edit suite on the Mac and iPad, so much more reliable. Glad you can tell if it’s rare or well done and good advice not to rush into new software updates, leave it for at least 2 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh