Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Water damage Spark

ZenSpark

Join
Aug 29, 2018
I am considering to buy a water damaged spark...

It starts up with some errors, will it be able to repair?

Also what should I pay for it? Just One battery and a spark :)

I didnt find any topic about is, so hear is a new one. Let me know what your experience is! [emoji6]

Not an expert on water damaged Sparks, but some of the questions I would ask is how long it was in the water while the battery was attached and was it fresh water or salt water.
Time And salt of course not good.

Reactions: ZenSpark
Water damaged electronics may show no visible signs of corrosion. They can work fine today and fail tomorrow. Even if you eliminate the error messages the lifespan of multiple components is likely compromised. Flood damaged automobiles show the same effects.

I wouldn't buy it for any price.

Not an expert on water damaged Sparks, but some of the questions I would ask is how long it was in the water while the battery was attached and was it fresh water or salt water.
Time And salt of course not good.
It wasnt long in the water and he had it in some rise after it. Fresh or Salt water I don't know, but the risk will be too big I think. Thanks for reply!

I wouldn't buy a spark, without knowing the exact damage it has (and the parts that should be replaced).

You can easily end up with an expensive brick.
True that. The risk can be big, but maybe I got an inexpensive spark :) Thanks for the reply!

Water damaged electronics may show no visible signs of corrosion. They can work fine today and fail tomorrow. Even if you eliminate the error messages the lifespan of multiple components is likely compromised. Flood damaged automobiles show the same effects.

I wouldn't buy it for any price.
It will be a risk, I am thinking about it.. Maybe 70 euro for it with a battery?

I didnt find any topic about is, so hear is a new one. Let me know what your experience is! [emoji6]

If you're buying it sight unseen and you intend to use it, there's too much risk involved to make it worthwhile notwithstanding how attractive the price might be. But, if you can see it in person and get the seller to do a demo flight, yeah, it might be worth a gamble. If the price is right and you're a first time drone flier, it would be a good learning experience. If you crashed or had an inadvertent fly-away, the stress on your pocket book would be a lot less.

It might be fun to have it but I would expect it to fail and or lose it with the existing battery or a nice new one you provide. I’d offer as much as you’d be fine with losing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers