Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Weather

Driverman930

Join
Sep 29, 2018
Anyone ever fly in adverse weather conditions? Snow, rain, strong winds ect. Just trying to think of something different to shoot.

I also am looking to add variety but...

Rain = low light and muted colors. Risk of damage to electronics

Snow = bad battery life from cold temps, reduced contrast and glare

Wind = shaky footage and diminished flight time

I haven't seen much decent video from any of those conditions. I think there's a good reason

I think new locations would add more variety. Time for a road trip? Fall color change of leaves happening now.

Or different types of subjects (people, animals, man-made structures, special events)

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Reactions: burison
might try flying down from the top of the mountains there a small pull off at the top of the switch back and a subdivision at the bottom

Anyone ever fly in adverse weather conditions? Snow, rain, strong winds ect. Just trying to think of something different to shoot.
I found a video on you tube of a guy flying his Spark in rain. It didn't seem to have any problems. But after landing he wiped it down and said he will take it home and put it in rice for a day or so.

The only thing I can think of is after a snowfall when everything still looks white and beautiful, but watching temperature and wind, I would pre-warm the battery and do just a quick flight take the pictures or a short video and come right back down, repeat with all my batteries and that would make a decent amount of footage. but like I said, watch temperature and wind, also I won't dare to fly during snow, since the props can get icy.

I won't fly during the rain, and I already tried on windy conditions and its too risky and not worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef