Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Weston Super Mare-lovely beach in winter sunshine.

Beautiful scenes and beautiful job editing twickers. Really smooth flying and smooth music too. Even got a peek at you from a distance and how fitting that the snow waited till you returned home. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks Joe. Much appreciated. You probably saw that a few of the shots were stills (from Spark of course) but Ken Burns came to my rescue to continue the ”live action”. I find it a real help when pulling together a short film. Yes the snow was the first this winter and but a tea spoon full in comparison what you guys get. We’ve got a bit more tomorrow and that’s it for a while. Stay safe.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Very nice twickers, thanks for sharing. I like the way the UK deals with snow...just a little for now then maybe a little more later on! :)

Reactions: twickers14
Nice! Once lockdown is over I must head down to W-S-M with my Spark. It's only 12 miles from home and I used to be a member of the golf club. I have my A2 CofC so I can now fly legally along that bit of seafront. Clevedon is closer to home and I will be able to fly there too now!

Nice! Once lockdown is over I must head down to W-S-M with my Spark. It's only 12 miles from home and I used to be a member of the golf club. I have my A2 CofC so I can now fly legally along that bit of seafront. Clevedon is closer to home and I will be able to fly there too now!
Thanks. May I ask who you used for your course? I have just read up on it all and it seems very complicated and expensive dare I say. The limitations of A3 are pretty draconian in our small Isle. I often wished I had the free air space of our friends across the Pond!

Thanks. May I ask who you used for your course? I have just read up on it all and it seems very complicated and expensive dare I say. The limitations of A3 are pretty draconian in our small Isle. I often wished I had the free air space of our friends across the Pond!
I did mine with Airborne Platforms APUK. It was my first exam for 46 years but I got 100% with no problem. It's mostly common sense but having studied aerodynamics a long time ago probably helped with some topics. Mine cost £125 but several other training providers now have the course for £99 and even £49+VAT (Coptrz). That's not expensive for the flexibility it gives for the next 2 years. Under the new Drone Code you need to stay 150m away from the beach if you don't have A2CofC. With a Spark and A2CofC you can fly over the beach but not directly over people. That's a big difference. Go for it!

I did mine with Airborne Platforms APUK. It was my first exam for 46 years but I got 100% with no problem. It's mostly common sense but having studied aerodynamics a long time ago probably helped with some topics. Mine cost £125 but several other training providers now have the course for £99 and even £49+VAT (Coptrz). That's not expensive for the flexibility it gives for the next 2 years. Under the new Drone Code you need to stay 150m away from the beach if you don't have A2CofC. With a Spark and A2CofC you can fly over the beach but not directly over people. That's a big difference. Go for it!
Thanks really helpful. How long did it take you and did you have to fly a lot or was most of that virtual? Will have a much closer look at the details.

Thanks really helpful. How long did it take you and did you have to fly a lot or was most of that virtual? Will have a much closer look at the details.
About 3 hours of reading. The final exam is taken online with an invigilator keeing an eye on you via Zoom. The CAA course curriculum requires you to self-certify that you have a reasonable amount of flying experience. APUK wanted additional evidence of 4 hours flying in the previous 3 months, plus logs of some particular manoeuvres. It took me a couple of weeks to complete all that. Other trainers don't require that but it was actually fun to do. APUK have removed that requirement during lockdown.

About 3 hours of reading. The final exam is taken online with an invigilator keeing an eye on you via Zoom. The CAA course curriculum requires you to self-certify that you have a reasonable amount of flying experience. APUK wanted additional evidence of 4 hours flying in the previous 3 months, plus logs of some particular manoeuvres. It took me a couple of weeks to complete all that. Other trainers don't require that but it was actually fun to do. I think APUK may have removed that requirement during lockdown.
Again many thanks. Seems worth the effort and in these times time is the one thing I have!! iRed looks quite good and will will give it a bit more thought. I would struggle to prove 4 flights in the last 3 months let alone 4 hours due to weather and living in a City with so many people out and about. I have completed over 250 flights in 2 years and have done the previous CAA Competency exam and Registration. Watch this space and will look out for you flying over me at 5mtrs somewhere!

Reactions: Hamlet
I subbed your channel..keep them coming.
Thanks will do. Not sure what “subbing my channel” means but I am sure it is a compliment? I have been “making” films for 50 years starting with Super 8 and onwards recording the family etc and absolutely love my Spark and fiddling around with the amazing footage it records for me. Have to use You Tube of course to post on the Forum and have only just discovered there is a new technique to get them up. Luckily it’s all gone well.

Reactions: Spark^
Thanks will do. Not sure what “subbing my channel” means but I am sure it is a compliment? I have been “making” films for 50 years starting with Super 8 and onwards recording the family etc and absolutely love my Spark and fiddling around with the amazing footage it records for me. Have to use You Tube of course to post on the Forum and have only just discovered there is a new technique to get them up. Luckily it’s all gone well.
The sub referred to subscribing to your YouTube channel. Anytime that you post on YouTube, I get a notification and can watch from there. The spark is a wonderful little flyer that takes great and impressive footage. I always enjoy having it in the air.

The sub referred to subscribing to your YouTube channel. Anytime that you post on YouTube, I get a notification and can watch from there. The spark is a wonderful little flyer that takes great and impressive footage. I always enjoy having it in the air.
You’re more than kind. Won’t be anything for a while as we are in full lockdown until mid-Feb and I don’t think I should be flying in these circumstances. Heyho. We have just had a load of new drone legislation come into effect and I may have a go at getting a higher qualification during the enforced downtime.

You’re more than kind. Won’t be anything for a while as we are in full lockdown until mid-Feb and I don’t think I should be flying in these circumstances. Heyho. We have just had a load of new drone legislation come into effect and I may have a go at getting a higher qualification during the enforced downtime.
Well I hope you are back in the air soon and any recertification you may need is no trouble.

Reactions: twickers14

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme