Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What is to become of DJI legacy drones?

I B Spectre

Join
Aug 16, 2019
I ran across an article on the AOPA Drone site dated May 2019 that's an interesting read: Drone Deconfliction Advances

I'm hoping there will be a "grandfathering-in" if need be for those of us flying drones that don't have the AirSense technology DJI will include in all their drones beginning January 2020. One positive indication mentioned in the article states, "ADS-B Out will be mandatory as of Jan. 1, 2020, for all aircraft operating where a Mode C transponder is currently required. That leaves a huge swath of airspace outside of the ADS-B Out mandate, but drone avoidance is another significant benefit that AOPA hopes all pilots will consider when making equipage decisions".

It's obvious the FAA wants the ability to identify and track users in the NAS for the safety of all concerned. Note this apparently does not apply to drones that are less than 250 grams.

I ran across an article on the AOPA Drone site dated May 2019 that's an interesting read: Drone Deconfliction Advances

I'm hoping there will be a "grandfathering-in" if need be for those of us flying drones that don't have the AirSense technology DJI will include in all their drones beginning January 2020. One positive indication mentioned in the article states, "ADS-B Out will be mandatory as of Jan. 1, 2020, for all aircraft operating where a Mode C transponder is currently required. That leaves a huge swath of airspace outside of the ADS-B Out mandate, but drone avoidance is another significant benefit that AOPA hopes all pilots will consider when making equipage decisions".

It's obvious the FAA wants the ability to identify and track users in the NAS for the safety of all concerned. Note this apparently does not apply to drones that are less than 250 grams.
I can't wait to see how airsence is going to work in a DJI drone. It's going to be a whole new chapter in our drone arsenel, should make for some interesting reading

Reactions: RotorWash

I find this very interesting. My country too has the 250 grams weight limit. I weighed my spark yesterday and it comes in at 300 grams.
Minus the battery its still 276 grams. Oops

• Wow
Reactions: DaysOfNoah

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme