Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Where do you set your low battery warning?

shegeek72

Join
Apr 20, 2018
Mine's set at 30% though that seems too high and now that I'm more experienced I feel I can bring the bird home quickly when power is running low. Where is yours set?

I also stick with 30%. Have gone beyond that sometimes before returning but would be reluctant to suggest setting lower as a default. Always try to fly out against the wind but not always practical if limited to where you can launch from. In short, same as you.

30% over land.

40% over water.

Just a side note, does your device announce a low battery warning?

I fly with a mini4 and no audio prompt on low battery level, but do get one when the RTH has kicked in due to the level.

If I fly with Android devices (2) I hear an audio prompt.

Last edited:
Hi, yes I get an audible warning but I also fly with an Android device, and then a fair amount of beeping etc if left beyond that point. I usually use a Galaxy S7 but have used an Acer mini tablet. Same thing with that.

Reminder set 30%. Actually start returning at 20%. Land by 10%.

Lithium polymer batteries will last longer and perform better if not completely drained. So it's not just a matter of making it home safely - you really shouldn't be getting below 10% if you want the healthiest batteries.

Landing with 20% probably even better but that cuts down flight time too much for my liking.

My reminder is set to 20%. I use IOS. It used to give me a verbal warning, but lately it just shows the warning with no audio. I wish it would give me audio... 20% seems to be good...because I really watch it and when I'm below 40% I'm usually already thinking about bringing it back... very rarely is it not close to me by 20%...it's more of a just in case. I don't want the RTH kicking in too early.

I set the reminder to 30% at manual controlled flights and 20% at autonomous way point flights.

Audio warning at 20%, RTH happens very quickly after. I always manually fly back. I try to monitor the battery throughout the flight, especially near water where I land early.

I have mine set at 25% these days. I found that when I had at 30% or more I would end up flying back close to home point then start flying around more and more dropping the battery to the point of rth or worse sparky is landing..
As for ios I do not receive the audible msg anymore either on go4 and litchi I just have battery and distance anounced every 60s so I always have a reminder every 60s. but litchi will give low battery warning at set point for me.

I have mine at 30% run iOS and also no audible warning for the battery. I remember when I first got the spark it was there.

Mine's set at 30% though that seems too high and now that I'm more experienced I feel I can bring the bird home quickly when power is running low. Where is yours set?
30%. At 20% the power drops dramatically. I found this out thinking the power level would gradually come down. I panicked because of all of the sudden it was 10% then 5% and the warning came on and do a RTH but I tried to manually bring it back but the power drop and landed. I lost sight of the Spark and later came to realize it landed on the water according to the map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit