Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Where has everybody gone.....

Ya, it was marketed as a "selfi-drone"... I think we've all proven that it is so much more than that. Nice to see everyone chiming in here. With the pandemic raging, its good to know that this niche community continues on... stay healthy all. Fly safe.

Last edited:
Still here still flying my spark it is still my only drone . 193 flights and I have only had it for a year. Still flying and still modifying so I can get the most out of it.

That's a lot of flying! Wish I had that many.

I have seen people with more on their Spark. I am just ready to retire it yet. If I do It will be with a pro platinum since you can still software mod them and they have good run time and signal strength. Or maybe spring for the air 2. Only time will tell.

I love my Spark, however I've said this before somewhere, I am getting really jealous of the longer flight times of newer Mavic, 25-30 minutes, With my spiffy Sparky, I get about 12-14min max.. and a few times came close to a crash as the battery seemed to wind down faster than I was getting back, and these were flights under relatively calm conditions.

Not sure what I'll ultimately do in the long run. With Travel so inconvenient this year, the desire of upgrading is not has high if a cool trip was on the horizon. Though its probably inevitable somewhere along the line.. Sparky is still doing pretty good. (how many people call their Spark "Sparky" anyway)

Sparky is still doing pretty good. (how many people call their Spark "Sparky" anyway)

If you have the time, this thread was started in 2017 when the Spark was fresh and new.

I jokingly gave mine a nickname in the thread three years ago, but I just call it the Spark. :cool:

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Hi everyone, trust you're all doing fine !
It's been too long....we just got cleared to start flying again in Singapore, but unfortunately it's been raining heavily almost every day.
But this morning was clear, and I seized the chance to fly my newly acquired MA2. Yup, I've upgraded, and it's of course a better experience, in terms of connection, battery life, stick control, and picture quality (at least to my old eyes!)

But my trusted Spark is still with me and she will be doing back-up duty, or when I just want a reminder of how easy it is to fly...

Cheers everyone, and stay safe.
Ranjit

i took about a 3 month time away from flying. The Spark is what I flew yesterday. It has had several hard landings and never needed repair. P4P v2 has been in shop twice....MP2 has new IMU and about to solder in a new front arm. I have gotten more than my money’s worth with the Spark over close to 2 years.
Last nights landing

Attachments

• F11D411F-CE0B-4C19-AD3E-49512765054A.jpeg
    F11D411F-CE0B-4C19-AD3E-49512765054A.jpeg
    949.9 KB · Views: 13
Hello fellow pilots, glad to see everybody seems OK.
Sparky is not retired. I just received two new batteries
to extend "flying sessions" & keep the bird happy and alive...

Reactions: Haggi and Spark 317
Ya, it was marketed as a "selfi-drone"... I think we've all proven that it is so much more than that. Nice to see everyone chiming in here. With the pandemic raging, its good to know that this niche community continues on... stay healthy all. Fly safe.
I so remember when Dji advertised the Spark initially. It was marked with controller optional. They played up the gesture control.
My gut feeling was this is an overpriced toy ...wanna be drone...wanna be camera.

I was so wrong.

I so remember when Dji advertised the Spark initially. It was marked with controller optional. They played up the gesture control.
My gut feeling was this is an overpriced toy ...wanna be drone...wanna be camera.

I was so wrong.

That was a nutty idea, but with the remote, Spark is quite a capable drone!

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef