Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Who uses Polar Pro Lens Filters?

RPL

Join
Jul 17, 2018
I use the Polar Pro brand with my Phantom, but wanted to see if any of you use them with your Spark’s. If so, how do you like them?

I have the cinematic 6 pack series and although I haven't used them much, they are lightweight and don't effect the gimbal like some other filters do.

PolarPro did have a first generation batch when the Spark was released that didn't work well but had been removed from the market and only the newer ones are out now and have been improved.

I have the 3 pack (non polariser) set - have been using the “8” in all conditions with no ill effects.

Reactions: Sparky5332
I have been using the Spark Filter 3 Pack from PolarPro. I use the Fixed Polarizer a lot and it makes a difference with richer colors. It is especially good on sunny days when flying over/near water. The 3 pack also has a ND8 and ND16, which covers my needs nicely. Quality product.

Reactions: toekneenator
I have the 3 ND set and love the better results when using video; I use the ND16 a lot in varying conditions. They fit very well, so no risk of them falling off.

Thanks, guys. Ordered them last night, after selling my beloved Phantom 3 Pro (tired of lugging it around). Ordering the Mavic Pro 2 soon, and needed some new filters while I work with the Spark. I appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: perrylawrence
Best Buy has the standard 6 pack of Polar Pro filters on clearance for $69.99. I just ordered them so eager to try them out.

I use the combined ND & Circular Polarised Filters by PolarPro. This allows you to dial in the strength of the filter for the CP part which I find very useful. They are pricey and a little cumbersome to carry as they come in an oversized and awkward case but there is no better filter set for the spark.FWIW I wouldn’t buy the standard vivid or cinema set as they can’t be combined to give both effects.

I bought polarpro 3set from bestbuy at a discount. Works with 360 panorama with no problem. Easy to install and uninstall once you get the hang of it.

I have the 3pkg cinema set for mine and use them all the time to get correct shutter speed for filming.

i have the vivid collection with ND4/PL ND8/PL and ND16/PL. I have to say i never managed to figure out how to configure the lens for the best polarising effect. Maybe the fixed PL ones would suit me better. Also I wish they could include a ND32/PL since ND16 sometimes is insufficient to create motion blur on a very sunny day.

FYI..the 6 pack Polar Pro filters on clearance just dropped even lower to 54.99 on Best Buy. I think this is the older set but not a bad price. It comes with ND8, ND16, ND32, ND8/PL, ND16/PL, and PL filters.

Reactions: zhangws55
filters-----never use them, my pictures turn out just fine; I have a p3 pro, pictures on my spark look just as good
check my age----never get tired of playing with my toys

I think I'll go for the BestBuy 6pack, now at $40, BUT, coming from SLR photography I am a bit anxious about no being able to change the polarizing angle (for different times of the day ... polarization should be set at 90deg with respect to the sun for darker skies, for example) From what I see the Vivid series allows for that. Vivid owners: do you end up changing the angle ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar