Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Why I’m considering selling my spark.

1Joey23

Join
Jul 22, 2019
September 9th is the last time I flew the drone and overall I’ve lost most interest in it. I still only have the spark and the one battery that came with it and nothing else, because I am broke. I’m considering selling it because there’s just about nothing I can do with it because I don’t have a controller for it and getting the controller for it is light years away from my reach. It has been a fun run with you little drone, bit it’s just been to expensive. Let me hear from you too because I want to know what everyone else’s thoughts are on this.

Reactions: clidans and Spectre
If you enjoy flying it when you can, with what you have, then keep it. Eventually you'll be able to afford a controller and a couple more batteries. Have no idea of your specific situation, don't want to really know. However right now there are lots of jobs out there as I see it. An opportunity to find some thing better might be around the corner, you obviously saved enough to get the Spark, so don't stop now.

I’m not going to sell it right now I’m still deciding. This forum was meant to hear from other people’s feedback on if I should sell it or not. Sorry if I said something the wrong way
I was going to visit with you about a little joy it can bring even if only for 15min.

If you enjoy flying it when you can, with what you have, then keep it. Eventually you'll be able to afford a controller and a couple more batteries. Have no idea of your specific situation, don't want to really know. However right now there are lots of jobs out there as I see it. An opportunity to find some thing better might be around the corner, you obviously saved enough to get the Spark, so don't stop now.
I have a greater interest in photography since I started flying my spark. I use all free software to cleanup and manipulate photos and videos.

Try playing with a photo In the free tool pixlr

If video editing is of some interest I use the free version on Davinci Resolve from blackmagic.

September 9th is the last time I flew the drone and overall I’ve lost most interest in it. I still only have the spark and the one battery that came with it and nothing else, because I am broke. I’m considering selling it because there’s just about nothing I can do with it because I don’t have a controller for it and getting the controller for it is light years away from my reach. It has been a fun run with you little drone, bit it’s just been to expensive. Let me hear from you too because I want to know what everyone else’s thoughts are on this.

Also keep in mind that spark accessories will probably be going down in n price as DJI moves to the Mavic Mini. If all of the product rumors are accurate.

I'm sure the decision is not easy and hinges on many things. Consider that the Spark won't deteriorate from not being flown and, since you already have it, the situation may change regarding an RC and more batteries. There was a post here just yesterday about some Target stores clearing out Spark batteries for half price. Someone had an RC last week in the forum classifieds for $70 shipped. I hope you won't regret a long term decision based on what may be a short term problem. Best of luck!

Some local Walmart's have been discounting these to half price, 200 bux with controller, so you're unlikely to get much selling yours, sadly. Perhaps it's best if you keep it until you can return to using one of the best budget quality (oxymoron?) Drones ever.

Think of it this way, it's like you bought the Chevy Vega, or the Ford Pinto they bring you joy and fun at first then you park them when the fun and glory is over they are small and dont take up much space and if you sold them, you wouldn't get much money for either of them. Then time goes buy and they either rot away or slowly disappear from the planet. They become rare and value goes up (depending on the condition). Just like the Spark...

Reactions: 1Joey23
in the next 3 years sell it why batteries wont be made anymore and the only ones will be new old stock ones sitting on selves and lipos on shelves you know they never charge them and at 10% every 6 months in 3 years of sitting it will be dead and useless... i wish they stop using propriatary bats..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis