Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Why not leave the white balance set to auto?

I have the top Fn button on the remote set for AE lock.

I'll tilt the camera to get what I want and then lock it.

Sometimes you can get some neat colors from a sun rise or set by locking the exposure while tilting the camera at the same time.

Reactions: graywoulf
Interesting. I have the top left FN button set to show me camera settings. You have a better idea.

Reactions: Spark 317
See what you are both getting at but could one leave it to post production? I am still such a nervous flyer (much more confident than when I started out) and am glued to the number of sats, how the wind feels, how’s the battery, getting ready for a fly away, checking for people (lots of those on our little island) etc etc. Never tried the active track features for instance but no excuses, I’ve got to be more adventurous. Have got some good pix though and some video which I am pretty happy with.

Reactions: Spark 317
See what you are both getting at but could one leave it to post production? I am still such a nervous flyer (much more confident than when I started out) and am glued to the number of sats, how the wind feels, how’s the battery, getting ready for a fly away, checking for people (lots of those on our little island) etc etc. Never tried the active track features for instance but no excuses, I’ve got to be more adventurous. Have got some good pix though and some video which I am pretty happy with.

Worry not! There is a lot to keep track of. You'll get used to it. You'll notice that I usually go someplace by myself.

Worry not! There is a lot to keep track of. You'll get used to it. You'll notice that I usually go someplace by myself.
I’m a bit of veteran both age and Spark flights (216 to date) so I really do need to get a grip but there’s usually 30 people with doge etc where I can fly nearby. Otherwise it’s a long old drag out for some uncluttered legal airspace.

Fixing in post is only good if you edit out the few seconds of transition of exposure level between sky oriented and ground oriented shots. I have forgotten more times than I like to admit about locking the AE. If you are aiming to present the entire flight with continuous footage, its essential to set the AE to locked. Most folks do edit their flights down, so do I these days , as in our hurry up world of stress, YouTube viewers have an attention span shorter than that of most toddlers... seems like folks in the age groups below mine seem to skip long videos... I watch most to the end.

Fixing in post is only good if you edit out the few seconds of transition of exposure level between sky oriented and ground oriented shots. I have forgotten more times than I like to admit about locking the AE. If you are aiming to present the entire flight with continuous footage, its essential to set the AE to locked. Most folks do edit their flights down, so do I these days , as in our hurry up world of stress, YouTube viewers have an attention span shorter than that of most toddlers... seems like folks in the age groups below mine seem to skip long videos... I watch most to the end.
I’m with you on the final point! Am I right in interpreting what you say that you can apply AE lock etc to video footage as well as stills. If so I didn’t realise that, so some of the exposure differences I have captured in video like when panning towards or away from the sun could have been partly improved by having AE lock set at a level that looks good-doing the tilt down process that Spark 317 suggests above?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme