Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

WIFI display on the Spark controller

SirThomas

Join
Mar 2, 2019
Can anyone tell me what the display showing WIFI signal strength (and interference channels) are telling me? Is this the connection from phone to controller or is it from controller to UAV? I've tried to force to a 2.8GHz band and then find the signal on a separate WiFi meter I have, but I don't see it on my meter (perhaps it does not advertise its ID?).

At about 300 feet my display on my phone is telling me the signal is weak. (I have a refurbed unit and sort of wonder if perhaps the antenna on the drone is not connected properly but not sure how to tell.) 300 ft away is way too early to lose signal with a controller and a properly transmitting drone. Thought I would ask this group prior to opening a case with DJI.

Checkout the post from this past Wednesday in the Spark Help section titled "Problem with signal strength". It should provide answers. The biggest reason many use OTG cables is to reduce interference and range limitations inherent with WiFi connections to the drone. I hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast