Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Will OTG help me see where I'm going?

Roger S

Join
Apr 6, 2018
I never know exactly what I'm filming untill I get home and download the video from the spark. I "upgraded" from the Samsumg S8 to a 10.1" Tab A with sunshade, however I think the image is better on the S8. The cached video from the mobile device's poor quality can't be attributed to the lower 720P resolution or weak signal from the spark. It's poor for 720P even at short flight distance. Will this improve if I connect mobile device to RC with OTG cable?

The cached files are always poor quality.

The cable may help with the screen latency and provide you with a better image on the device as you fly, but cached files will still be 720.

OTG will help give a more stable connection as well as a better video feed at longer distances. But cached video on your phone will be unaffected and remain crappy.

The cached files are always poor quality.

The cable may help with the screen latency and provide you with a better image on the device as you fly, but cached files will still be 720.
I've seen 720 that was a lot better

OTG will help give a more stable connection as well as a better video feed at longer distances. But cached video on your phone will be unaffected and remain crappy.
The cached video is worse that what you see in real time? It's being able to see what what the drone is seeing while flying that I want to improve. I'm not so concerned about latency.

I'm not sure I want to maintain a video connection at longer distance as the controll goes out shortly after. I like the early warning.

Try the cable.
Couldn't hurt.
It is a direct connection to the remote so that's a plus, eliminating the WiFi.

My cable is nothing fancy.
Standard USB to micro USB (Android) or lightning cable (iOS).

I do use the dongle thingy that came with my Galaxy s7 to make the connection to the remote.

Reactions: ZPFunk
The cached video is worse that what you see in real time? It's being able to see what what the drone is seeing while flying that I want to improve. I'm not so concerned about latency.

I don't know, I've never had any complaints about the quality of the real-time video, I can see everything just fine.

I'm not sure I want to maintain a video connection at longer distance as the controll goes out shortly after. I like the early warning.

I could be wrong, but from what I've seen in distance tests and from what I've read on forums the controller has a longer range than the video feed so that shouldn't ever been an issue. I have the opposite view, I want clear, stable video feed especially at long distances so I can see what the bird is doing, rather than have the video feed break up and then have to fly it blind.

I've just started using the DJI go 4 mod app with the otg cable and was able to fly just over 2 kilometres away (over a forest)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I've just started using the DJI go 4 mod app with the otg cable and was able to fly just over 2 kilometres away (over a forest)

I had a good video feed for the whole flight but obviously there wasn't any interference where I was flying

Would the DJI Goggles give a better picture, as they are FPV?

Maybe someone here could tell us how they compare in terms of spatial perception?

Can you screen record a flight so we can get a better idea how to gauge your quality issues, try to replicate the problem? Also, i set my S7 phone display to WUHD and screen capture my flights, it upscales them by default. I also use otg for more solid connection.

OTG is certainly helpful in regards to creating a stronger connection, therefore giving you a “clearer” video feed during flight. I use it every flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502