Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Will spark receive any firmware update in 2020?

DJI does not have a set firmware update schedule. You won't know until they post an update.

Reactions: twickers14
I hope they'll still update it.

The only updates you may get are the "fly safe zones" that probably won't have anything to do with your local flying area. But you should update to be safe JIC.

If you want to kick the Spark up a notch in performance, Litchi or the Modded Go4 app that has been discussed here may be an option.

I don't have any of the upgrades yet for the Spark with the added capabilities. I'm still having too much fun flying the stock Spark in figure eight patterns over an empty field.

Boring, but fun. :)

I hope they'll still update it.

What are you hoping for ?
Just curious.

I haven't had failsafe loss of signal available as an optional thing for ages.
I'm almost sure it used to be able to set for RTH, hover, or land.
Can anyone confirm this ?

Anyway, now it's just RTH.
Hover is a safer option flying to use when flying low in forest under canopy.

I'm almost sure it used to be able to set for RTH, hover, or land.
Can anyone confirm this ?

I think that may have been an option for the other DJI drones that use the same GO4 app as the Spark.

I remember reading posts of options in the past that were available in the app when the Spark was not powered up.

They thought these were on the Spark. But when you connected to the Spark to use them, they were not available.

DJI can be a tease sometimes. ;)

I think that may have been an option for the other DJI drones that use the same GO4 app as the Spark.

I remember reading posts of options in the past that were available in the app when the Spark was not powered up.

They thought these were on the Spark. But when you connected to the Spark to use them, they were not available.

DJI can be a tease sometimes. ;)

Dang, probably was the M1P option I recall.
The Spark is really great in tight areas, hover would be a safer option at times.
Will have to see how low I can set RTH, might be the only way to avoid it rising into a tree canopy from below if wifi is ever lost for some reason.

Reactions: Spark 317
to avoid it rising into a tree canopy from below

That was the one and only crash I had with the Spark during that scenario.

I moved from my home point and away into the canopy it when the battery got low one second too late for me to grab it. :(

Only one prop was damaged and all is well.:)

That was the one and only crash I had with the Spark during that scenario.

I moved from my home point and away into the canopy it when the battery got low one second too late for me to grab it. :(

Only one prop was damaged and all is well.:)

Yeah it's a bummer they only allow it on other aircraft, it should be doable with the Spark in Go4.
Even RTH set very low would be dangerous, but less so than have it rise straight up into canopy.
The OA might give you enough time to cancel RTH (push pause) if connection could be regained as both drone and pilot move closer together.
Good you only lost a prop though, they are pretty tough little aircraft.

The only updates you may get are the "fly safe zones" that probably won't have anything to do with your local flying area. But you should update to be safe JIC.

If you want to kick the Spark up a notch in performance, Litchi or the Modded Go4 app that has been discussed here may be an option.

I don't have any of the upgrades yet for the Spark with the added capabilities. I'm still having too much fun flying the stock Spark in figure eight patterns over an empty field.

Boring, but fun. :)
Figure of eights? I thought it was only me tried to do that (but not very successfully)!:(

Figure of eights? I thought it was only me tried to do that (but not very successfully)!:(

I'm not sure how accurate the 8 pattern is in the air, but it is fun blasting away in Sport mode and watch the horizon tilt on the screen.

I practice flybys and orbits around the local water tower too.

Once I get good in one direction, I'll try the other direction for awhile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme