Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Will their ever be a significant firmware for spark in the future!?

It's probably not the sort of "feature" you were hoping for but...

DJI is under a lot of governmental and economic pressure to employ stricter geofencing. I have heard rumblings of forced participation in LAANC once the system is fully operational. For example: aircraft cannot take off without entering a LAANC approval code in certain sensitive areas. Worst case scenario would be requiring this step for every flight. It sounds awful but also inevitable. The FAA went to a lot of effort to create this system and they will certainly use it further control the low altitude airspace.

And on a more positive note.... Litchi-like waypoint missions. Please

Reactions: nilanjan118
The Spark already does Litchi waypoint missions. Or do you mean via the DJI GO4 software? Why wait? Just use Litchi!
Yes, I want it included on the official app. Do not want to run into a situation where DJI says the warranty and DJI Care Refresh is void since I was using a 3rd party app.

Litchi only works because DJI offers an API, which they did so third-parties could write apps. I've worked with Litchi on and off for 3 years and as long as your keep the waypoints high enough and don't run the battery low it's a great app. I believe properly designed waypoint missions are less risky and more efficient than manual control flight.

Reactions: nilanjan118
Litchi only works because DJI offers an API, which they did so third-parties could write apps. I've worked with Litchi on and off for 3 years and as long as your keep the waypoints high enough and don't run the battery low it's a great app. I believe properly designed waypoint missions are less risky and more efficient than manual control flight.
I would fully agree with you for heavier professional drones with longer range and endurance time (lets say starting with Mavick). But with 10mn flight time, 2km max realistic range, i dont see the added value of way points for Spark in most of the cases. In addition, great part of the fun comes from "manual" control.

i dont see the added value of way points for Spark in most of the cases.

I don't have Litchi (yet), but I can see me using it to track the progress of a building site (new homes), or construction of a bridge or something.

You can plan a waypoint mission and send the Spark up to the same location every time and take the photos or videos of the progress.

Flying a path down a river over the season and blending the footage together for nice video.

They don't always have to be long distance, out of sight, hope that the Spark come home missions.

Reactions: maumau
I would fully agree with you for heavier professional drones with longer range and endurance time (lets say starting with Mavick). But with 10mn flight time, 2km max realistic range, i dont see the added value of way points for Spark in most of the cases. In addition, great part of the fun comes from "manual" control.

To each his own I guess. I will say the Spark can do 4km no problem at ~20MPH with the efficiency of a waypoint mission. A waypoint mission wastes no time/battery hovering, going up when you wanted to go forward, away from you when you wanted to get closer, things like that.

If I wanted to go all-out on manual control I'd get a cheap copter or build a racing drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme