Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Will this work? OTG

Reactions: Dave A
Once again...DJI does not support OTG for the Spark.

Might not ever.

In the meantime, I wouldn't waste my money buying any variety of OTG cables, period.

I have the 5.5 Crystalsky on order and according to DJI it supports OTG with Spark.

Dave

Yes, that does work, I use it from my Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses to the Spark RC.

The problem is that OTG is not working for any version of DJI Go 4 after 4.1.15

Thank you lannes for answering my question, appreciated.

Dave

The problem is that OTG is not working for any version of DJI Go 4 after 4.1.15
Which happens to be the recommended version from DJI

I have the 5.5 Crystalsky on order and according to DJI it supports OTG with Spark.

Dave
OTG does not work with CS on Spark...yet.

upload_2018-1-6_20-33-36.png

Ah thanks. I remember reading that first line but forgot about the second line you highlighted. I've been reading tones and watching so many videos that I think I'm near to overload.

Dave
No worries...Don't over think it. When you get the CS connect it via WIFI to the Spark RC and fly within the limitations of the Spark.

Reactions: Dave A
DJI does support the OTG cable... for specific functions like the goggles.

Spark OTG.png

Ah thanks. I remember reading that first line but forgot about the second line you highlighted. I've been reading tones and watching so many videos that I think I'm near to overload.

Dave
I’m fairly new too and did the same as you. The more videos I watched, the more confused I got. Have found the folks on the forums to be very experienced and willing to help

4.1.15 works with my otg, cheap on ebay, male to male. Have had zero issues and am getting better range than i did with wifi

4.1.15 works with my otg, cheap on ebay, male to male. Have had zero issues and am getting better range than i did with wifi
I see people say this but does it really get you more range? The TX still communicates in the same way as OTG, only the connection to the TX & Device is changed. The cable only makes the connection between the device & TX.

I do get better range, and the video feed seems to get better range without glitching out. Just my experience. Have tried both equally and otg seems more stable video wise

Reactions: leatherneck6017
I see people say this but does it really get you more range? The TX still communicates in the same way as OTG, only the connection to the TX & Device is changed. The cable only makes the connection between the device & TX.
I also get better range with OTG and 4.1.15. Less video lag as well. Did a test out in the countryside. With OTG cable I got out to 5,200 feet before having to turn around for battery. Without OTG I only got to ~4,500 feet before it lost connection. Also, past 3,500 feet the video was laggy and chopped up.

I surmised at the time that the Spark/RC using 2 different wifi's simultaneously causes interference and reduced range.

I surmised at the time that the Spark/RC using 2 different wifi's simultaneously causes interference and reduced range.

Although I have no working knowledge of the ins and outs of how WiFi works this statement seems to make sense. In my experience if something makes sense it is usually at least partially correct.

Although I have no working knowledge of the ins and outs of how WiFi works this statement seems to make sense. In my experience if something makes sense it is usually at least partially correct.
Well stated. Like you, I don't have any real working knowledge of how the two WiFi's would interact, just a hunch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis