Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

woohoo! stock footage Approved!

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
*** STATUS UPDATE 10am, 9th Sept 2020 ***
My clip now shows as 'Online' at the BlackBox portal.
This means it has been accepted by at least one of the Stock Footage websites!
(Shutterstock Adobe Stock, Pond5 and VimeoStock )
Next step is it gets sold to an advertising company!

Chuffed to say that my latest drone footage of the Spark in Sport mode(Redcar beach run) has just been approved by Blackbox, as Stock Footage and will be submitted to the Stock Footage websites,( Shutterstock, Adobe Stock, Pond5, and VimeoStock) for Sales and licences!
I would encourage any of you Spark pilots to have a go and submit your footage, 5-59 second clips!
contact me for my referral link to you joining Blackbox and if I can help in any way please ask...

*** late 2019 blackbox stopped personal referrals... doh ***

Last edited:
Chuffed to say that my latest drone footage of the Spark in Sport mode(Redcar beach run) has just been approved by Blackbox, as Stock Footage and will be submitted to the Stock Footage websites,( Shutterstock, Adobe Stock, Pond5, and VimeoStock) for Sales and licences!
I would encourage any of you Spark pilots to have a go and submit your footage, 5-59 second clips!
contact me for my referral link to you joining Blackbox and if I can help in any way please ask...

Wow! That’s awesome! Are they looking for anything in particular, or just generic stuff? Did you just film stuff and send it in, or did they have a list saying “this is what we want”? I’m really interested in this...tell me more!

Reactions: BrianP
Wow! That’s awesome! Are they looking for anything in particular, or just generic stuff? Did you just film stuff and send it in, or did they have a list saying “this is what we want”? I’m really interested in this...tell me more!
Hi Jimc657, The spectrum of wanted stock footage is as wide as your imagination!
I concentrate on landmarks, scenery and the natural world. Others submit sfx, 360 vids, the choice is yours and goes on and on...
Imagine your 5-59 sec clip was the backdrop of an advert... leaving room for the ad message that the buyer will add.
I am no expert but have sold clips of the North Sea, the Angel of the North (Gateshead, U.K.) and had multiple clips accepted by stock footage websites, via BlackBox.
Good Luck! Le us know how you get on...

Last edited:
Reactions: RotorWash
Hi Jimc657, The spectrum of wanted stock footage is as wide as your imagination!
I concentrate on landmarks, scenery and the natural world. Others submit sfx, 360 vids, the list goes on and on...
Imagine your 5-59 sec clip was the backdrop of an advert... leaving room for the ad message that the buyer will add.
I am no expert but have sold clips of the North Sea, the Angel of the North (Gateshead, U.K.) and had multiple clips accepted by stock footage websites, via BlackBox.
Good Luck! Le us know how you get on...

One MASSIVE point about BlackBox... read the user guides before submitting clips or expect to be shot down without mercy by the owner, lol.

Reactions: sparky markie
‘Course you do, we all would. Mini was my first car and I got my only speeding ticket in it in 57 years of motoring! Need to blow the webs off the other hardware in your garage!
hahaha
my garage has never been so empty.... only hardware is my arduino controlled CNC machine I built last winter.
In the past it has housed, Marlin Berlinetta, Chrome bumper MGBGT's x 2, Racing Yamahas, karts in lots of forms, show bikes, countless road bikes, ancient and modern and a few Mini Coopers... all gone, just very happy memories of racing and race prep. All I need now is a car just big enough for me and all my Carp fishing gear, along witha bag full of camera gear... oh and a drone lol... mustn't forget Sparky flying machine and adrenaline fix ...

Reactions: RotorWash
hahaha
my garage has never been so empty.... only hardware is my arduino controlled CNC machine I built last winter.
In the past it has housed, Marlin Berlinetta, Chrome bumper MGBGT's x 2, Racing Yamahas, karts in lots of forms, show bikes, countless road bikes, ancient and modern and a few Mini Coopers... all gone, just very happy memories of racing and race prep. All I need now is a car just big enough for me and all my Carp fishing gear, along witha bag full of camera gear... oh and a drone lol... mustn't forget Sparky flying machine and adrenaline fix ...
Petrol head and drone aficionado. A practical man at heart. Keep it all up.

Big thumbs up BrianP on the approval of your Redcar beach run footage. Another nice feather in your cap. Congratulations and thanks for the kind offer.

Congrats on the acceptance of your stock footage. I looked at Blackbox last year and wondered if the Spark produced good enough quality video to sell and if they had any quantity levels of uploads required to keep an active account.

Congrats on the acceptance of your stock footage. I looked at Blackbox last year and wondered if the Spark produced good enough quality video to sell and if they had any quantity levels of uploads required to keep an active account.
Cheers Brian Snyder!
Yes to quality q and No to issues keeping an account active>.
My personal experience is that The Spark is steady enough and of good enough quality to get a clip between the 5 and 59 second criteria. ( no sound is used ).
Quality is key. I have only had one rejection, early on in my account, when I submitted a Spark move that wasn't smooth at one point. I simply shortened the clip and submitted it again, this time successfully. My few Sales are famous landmarks and magic North sea skies.
If I can help in any way please ask away.

I am wondering if there is any hidden catch submitting one's work on sites like this.
The beauty of Blackbox is the easy process once you get the hang of it.
You could submit the clip to multiple stock sites but can only submit to one at a time until they either accept your work or reject it. You can then submit any rejected clips to another stock site.
The magic of blackbox is that you still own the footage even after it is 'sold'. It can be sold again and again!
Yes blackbox takes a cut but my thoughts are a percentage of something is better than 100% of nothing.

it's online!!!

Hey Brian,

That's good news for your simple little flight mate,

what sort of $$$ do this Blackbox mob pay ?

5 - 59 second clips ? As you would have seen on my youtube channel,

I have a number of clips to choose 5 - 59 seconds from eh ?

Maybe . . . . there is a catch ? I must take a look at their needs too !

thanks for the tip, Brian !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme