Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

woohoo! stock footage Approved!

Hey Brian, what sort of $$$ do this Blackbox mob pay ?

5 - 59 second clips ? As you would have seen, I have a number of clips to choose 5 - 59 seconds from eh ?

Maybe . . . . there is a catch ? I must take a look at their needs too ! thanks for the tip, Brian !
what do they pay... don't order that platinum lambo just yet...

Best have a look at the Blackbox site as I do not want to talk money here.
I do it for the kudos of knowing my stuff has been used in an advert ... yep it's vain but at my age any attention is good lol!

The filters that I have help with smoothing motion of moving traffic/people/landscape (Or so the photobugs say on the internet). ND 16/32/64 filters...I have watched a few videos on it and it seems to make fast moving objects “smoother” but I haven’t seen much of a difference in my videos.

Reactions: BrianP
t
The filters that I have help with smoothing motion of moving traffic/people/landscape (Or so the photobugs say on the internet). ND 16/32/64 filters...I have watched a few videos on it and it seems to make fast moving objects “smoother” but I haven’t seen much of a difference in my videos.
thanks for the heads up! I have had some ND filters for years but never used them... might be time for some tests...

thanks for the heads up! I have had some ND filters for years but never used them... might be time for some tests...
Give those filters a test and see how it goes Brian. Depending on how sunny it is, you'll want to go with whatever filter will give you a proper exposure on the EV indicator while maintaining a shutter speed that is double the frame rate of your video. As the Spark's frame rate is locked at 30, a 1/60 shutter speed is the goal. With a midday sun, usually a ND16 or higher is required, early evening probably a ND8, etc. Besides the motion blur aspect, many people find a drone video recorded at a high shutter speed to be less pleasing to watch then one shot at a lower shutter speed but of course that can be subjective and can depend on what type of scene is being recorded. For more on the 180° shutter rule see here about how shutter speed affects video.

Last edited:
Give those filters a test and see how it goes Brian. Depending on how sunny it is, you'll want to go with whatever filter will give you a proper exposure on the EV indicator while maintaining a shutter speed that is double the frame rate of your video. As the Spark's frame rate is locked at 30, a 1/60 shutter speed is the goal. With a midday sun, usually a ND16 or higher is required, early evening probably a ND8, etc. Besides the motion blur aspect, many people find a drone video recorded at a high shutter speed to be less pleasing to watch then one shot at a lower shutter speed but of course that can be subjective and can depend on what type of scene is being recorded. For more on the 180° shutter rule see here about how shutter speed affects video.
wow lots to digest... I must have been very lucky to get 'the shot' without any manual settings or filters... Cheers Rotorwash!

Reactions: RotorWash
wow lots to digest... I must have been very lucky to get 'the shot' without any manual settings or filters... Cheers Rotorwash!
As everyone here can attest, the Spark is a great little performer in auto with or without filters. Adhering to the 180° rule can be beneficial but will never beat timing, subject and creativity. Cheers BrianP!

Hmmm, while not an expert on anything I want to point out the following thread. Not sure how to link but can be found with

Got a call from FAA today...do I really need my Part 107?​

This post states the FFA requires part 107 in some cases even without receiving compensation so not sure how this would not require it.

Hmmm, while not an expert on anything I want to point out the following thread. Not sure how to link but can be found with

Got a call from FAA today...do I really need my Part 107?​

This post states the FFA requires part 107 in some cases even without receiving compensation so not sure how this would not require it.
thanks for taking an interest and trying to help.
If the FAA call me I will let you know.

*** STATUS UPDATE 10am, 9th Sept 2020 ***
My clip now shows as 'Online' at the BlackBox portal.
This means it has been accepted by at least one of the Stock Footage websites!
(Shutterstock Adobe Stock, Pond5 and VimeoStock )
Next step is it gets sold to an advertising company!

Chuffed to say that my latest drone footage of the Spark in Sport mode(Redcar beach run) has just been approved by Blackbox, as Stock Footage and will be submitted to the Stock Footage websites,( Shutterstock, Adobe Stock, Pond5, and VimeoStock) for Sales and licences!
I would encourage any of you Spark pilots to have a go and submit your footage, 5-59 second clips!
contact me for my referral link to you joining Blackbox and if I can help in any way please ask...

*** late 2019 blackbox stopped personal referrals... doh ***
Yippeee! Well done Brian!

• Haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme