Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

YAW twitch still there after slowing it down and applying the expo change.

You have excellent footage. I tried applying Yaw-expo function as well. Wasn't happy with the results. So switched back to factory default. Just got to live with the limitations of the 2-axis gimbal I guess. Any portion of my recorded video with yaw movement hardly makes it to the final cut.

Nice footage I really didn't notice any twitching.

Jeff ?
Well the first video was rendered at 24fps and twitching was very noticable. I put it on YouTube before previewing snd it was awful. I found my mistake and re-rendered it at 30fps and this is the video that is now on YouTube.

Well the first video was rendered at 24fps and twitching was very noticable. I put it on YouTube before previewing snd it was awful. I found my mistake and re-rendered it at 30fps and this is the video that is now on YouTube.

Yes, 24fps will enhance the twitch.
I saw that when I slowed down a video that had a pan in it.
Could not read the side of President Bush's funeral train.
Slowed to 0.75 of normal to match the music:
By the way, Expo is not going to change the rate of YAW.
Here is what the rate setting looks like in DJI Assistant 2 v 1.1.2:
Default is an incredibly stupid 90°/s for P mode. 120°/s for sport mode

I changed my p mode to 30 and changed my YAW expo setting to the last rate from the last page in the thread. There is no software I am aware of that works on vertical jitter. They mostly work with horizontal variations such as jello and bumpy roads. I tried Mercalli and it didn't do anything to my earlier pans. This video I posted looks good to me and I will leave the settings alone now.

Reactions: pmshop
after watching it again I did notice the twitching.

The Spark has limitations, but if we live within the limitations the performance can be satisfying.

Yaw is out

I have a DJI Mavic Pro, and while it's Yaw is amazingly better, it is not perfect. The imperfection is a twitch simply from moving the stick ever so slightly too much, and...twitch.

All drones work best straight forward, backward, up, down, maybe sideways and diagonally, and the myriad of combinations therein such as backward descend as was shown in the OP' video beginning at about minute 2:44.

An effective alternative is to take picture, use a editing software to use Dynamic Zoom (in/out), then fly straight ahead to the next picture, repeat...

Even if your video is a collection of photographs from the drone, applying music makes it appear to be collectively 'moving'. Ultimately, this equates to a slide show, but that is much better than flying straight ahead for 5 minutes with essentially the same scene for the full 5 minutes.

Besides, a Spark photo is 12 mp which is full of detail while the video is a comparatively paltry 2mp (1920*1080=2.X mp).

Be sure to take multiple photos of the same subject as wind can screw with the gimbal, and what you thought was framed well comes out blury for some photos

Last edited:
The Spark has limitations, but if we live within the limitations the performance can be satisfying.

Yaw is out

I have a DJI Mavic Pro, and while it's Yaw is amazingly better, it is not perfect. The imperfection is a twitch simply from moving the stick ever so slightly too much, and...twitch.

All drones work best straight forward, backward, up, down, maybe sideways and diagonally, and the myriad of combinations therein such as backward descend as was shown in the OP' video beginning at about minute 2:44.

An effective alternative is to take picture, use a editing software to use Dynamic Zoom (in/out), then fly straight ahead to the next picture, repeat...

Even if your video is a collection of photographs from the drone, applying music makes it appear to be collectively 'moving'. Ultimately, this equates to a slide show, but that is much better than flying straight ahead for 5 minutes with essentially the same scene for the full 5 minutes.

Besides, a Spark photo is 12 mp which is full of detail while the video is a comparatively paltry 2mp (1920*1080=2.X mp).

Be sure to take multiple photos of the same subject as wind can screw with the gimbal, and what you thought was framed well comes out blury for some photos

Its pretty windy at the beach and when I looked at my footage of going straight and up and down and sideways (NO YAW) at one particular time my gimbal kept tilting up and down or just plain twitching like I was adjusting my tilt. Maybe the wind was moving it, as I wasn't adjusting the gimbal at all. Anyway I need a lot more practice to get more useable video out of a flight.

Its pretty windy at the beach and when I looked at my footage of going straight and up and down and sideways (NO YAW) at one particular time my gimbal kept tilting up and down or just plain twitching like I was adjusting my tilt. Maybe the wind was moving it, as I wasn't adjusting the gimbal at all. Anyway I need a lot more practice to get more useable video out of a flight.
makes sense.

I wasn't criticizing your video just making recommendations to all Spark pilots

I thought the backward descent was well done. I use that technique myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex