Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Jums up and down after take-off

Join
Feb 11, 2021
Spark jumps up and down after take-off. How do I fix this problem. Straight after take-off the Spark starts to jump up and down. When the left stick is pushed forward, it gains height but not smooth. Intermitted climb motion.

Check to be sure the bottom sensors are clean and clear of obstructions.

My SPARK jumped up and down like a pogo stick after installing a strobe on the bottom. After removing it, the SPARK flew fine.

I think the intense flashing messed with the sensors. 🤔

You might try calibrating the IMU.

Pay attention to the position of the DJI logo on the tutorial as the steps are taken.
Good luck.

Reactions: twickers14
Thank you for your reply.
I did the IMU calibration several times without success.

I bought new propellers a few weeks ago via Amazon. I thought the supplier was DJI and used them for a few flights without any problems, then suddenly I had this jumpy drone.

After reading a ton of threads I decided to install a set of used original propellers. The problem is solved.
Old sparky is running smooth again. It was the 3rd party propellers after all. Now I sit with 12 new unusable props in my bag. Not the biggest problem in the world though.

Spark jumps up and down after take-off. How do I fix this problem. Straight after take-off the Spark starts to jump up and down. When the left stick is pushed forward, it gains height but not smooth. Intermitted climb motion.
hi Willle one thing that will cause
that is hot weather they don’t like temperature over about 26 cel , hope this is helpful. Regards Engie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast