Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

1.2 million feet without any problems.. till today

D_neufeld5150

Join
Dec 30, 2018
Flew a 20k foot trip around brought it back to change the battery , launched it and as soon as it hit 4 ft i lost power and it hit the deck , never had an issue with this drone untill this ... anyone got any ideas ?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, D_neufeld5150.

That is a lot of miles, congratulations.

Maybe the battery and /or Spark is wearing out.

I'm guessing the battery.

Reminds me of this video from a well known YouTuber Peter Homer, from last year.

I believe this video was made before the mandatory update DJI imposed concerning the batteries.

If you have been flying recently, I'm sure you're up to date with the firmware.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Battery disconnected ?
Was the battery still snap-on after the crash ?
Is the Spark still running ?

My first suspicion would be overheating...

Traveling 20,000 feet with a typical battery life of 12 minutes averages to a 19mph continuous flight. You may have been on the brink of overheating when you finally touched down. And when you landed and powered off you lost the cooling effects of forward movement and the internal fan shut off as well.

It's a little harder to overheat on a cold day - but the aircraft can be very hot on the inside while the outer cover is still cool to the touch.

In fact the cold can make it worse because the internal resistance of lithium polymer batteries increases as ambient temperatures decrease. Pop a cold battery in a overheated Spark and it could shut down.

That's just an educated guess on my part - the flight log would tell the tale.

Reactions: Koala Tails
I just bought new batteries actually the one in question had 8 flights on it , always use the battery clasp to make sure they stay locked in .. just lifted off and hit the ground , the impact brok the arm so the clasp and battery came un done

My first suspicion would be overheating...

Traveling 20,000 feet with a typical battery life of 12 minutes averages to a 19mph continuous flight. You may have been on the brink of overheating when you finally touched down. And when you landed and powered off you lost the cooling effects of forward movement and the internal fan shut off as well.

It's a little harder to overheat on a cold day - but the aircraft can be very hot on the inside while the outer cover is still cool to the touch.

In fact the cold can make it worse because the internal resistance of lithium polymer batteries increases as ambient temperatures decrease. Pop a cold battery in a overheated Spark and it could shut down.

That's just an educated guess on my part - the flight log would tell the tale.
How do i load them on here? I sent them to dji

Hi d_neufeld5150! Did you ever figure out what was the cause of the failure?

I'm a newbie and always keen to know what to watch out for!

Reactions: Dave J

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast