Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

100 gram Spark competitor

Well, most DJI pilots can barely fly in ATTI whereas most FPV pilots - especially freestyle - can fly ATTI circles around any DJI drone anyday.
But - a different kind of flying. I see no shame in admitting most FPV/Freestyle flyers are far better than I ever will be.
But - they're not normally interested in cinematic footage. There are exceptions -there's a guy that uses his FPV racer with a 4K GoPro to film drifters as they run a track. I challenge anyone here to duplicate his footage with whatever ya have.

Reactions: macoman
Yep, I don’t think any dji could possibly keep up with drift cars like that! As you said a totally different style of flying. You don’t have to go to that extreme see the difference. An open space & a few very fragile hoops to fly through, shows a lack of manoeuvrability with the spark, at no where near fpv speed.
Is there anyone who flys both? Is it possible for a good fpv flier to have a Phantom in his hanger?
Is my wish to fly a RC plane a hopeless dream because I own a Spark?

Is it possible for a good fpv flier to have a Phantom in his hanger?
Is my wish to fly a RC plane a hopeless dream because I own a Spark?
Yes, it's possible - but most FPV people invest a lot of time flying (aka practicing) so likely have little time for other style drones.
It really is a rush with goggles on.
As far as RC plane - naw, in case you haven't bumped into it there are folks now that make aircraft out of the foam panels like you buy at Walmart. Slap on a receiver, 2 servos, ESC and motor - optionally an FPV camera and transmitter and off ya go.
They are pretty cheap to boot!

Check this one out - you can find videos from the guys that designed and built a foam copy on YouTube. Flite Test Goblin Electric Airplane Kit Combo w/ESC, Motor & Servos (760mm) [FLT-1059-BDL] | Airplanes

Li-ion Nano Goblin by STRIX and FPV tips!

Last edited:
Here's some amazing footage from a highly respected FPV pilot that has some serious cinematography chops.
Trigger warning for drone cops - best y'all don't watch...

Well, most DJI pilots can barely fly in ATTI whereas most FPV pilots - especially freestyle - can fly ATTI circles around any DJI drone anyday.
But - a different kind of flying. I see no shame in admitting most FPV/Freestyle flyers are far better than I ever will be.
But - they're not normally interested in cinematic footage. There are exceptions -there's a guy that uses his FPV racer with a 4K GoPro to film drifters as they run a track. I challenge anyone here to duplicate his footage with whatever ya have.

That was amazing. The guy have great skills flying fpv.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef