Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

2.7k vs upscaling to 4k

sheldin serju

Join
Aug 28, 2017
Hey Guys,

I edited my first cinematic mavic mini footage today. I decided to upload to Youtube in 4k. There seems to be a difference in quality between 2.7k and 4k when uploaded. Did DJI give us a drone that is capable of 4k without actually telling us? anyway, let me know what you guys think!

Winter solstice in the northern hemisphere isn't until Dec. 21 this year. Not that it matters, still a nice video in any event.
Remind Mother Nature of that! Seems like Winter came early for the majority of our Northern Friends. We even got an early cold front here in Florida!

Remind Mother Nature of that! Seems like Winter came early for the majority of our Northern Friends. We even got an early cold front here in Florida!
Solstice has nothing to do with the weather, it has to do with the duration of daylight. It was 82F in northern Florida yesterday, predicted high of 65F today. You know the saying, "If you don't like the Florida weather, stick around a few minutes and it'll change".

Very nice work. Experienced hands on the controls and the edit suite. Is it me or is there a fuzziness at the extremities of the frame throughout?
I notice this too, probably some sort of post-edit stuff. Upscaling fullHD to 4k is possible without the fuzzy edges.

Original file out of the Mavic Air 4K 30fps is that big.
So I make my edited files the same.
Interesting read
I store my mediafiles in the cloud, filesize matters even when uploading etc.
My best choice would be HEVC (h.265) or VP9 at 50 Mbps on 4k 30p footage. Just because this is close to youtube transcoding.
But honestly, I mostly do mp4's (x.264/AAC-LC) in 1080p at 20 Mbps... but thats just me ;)

What's really interesting, if you upload 4k and high bitrate, you will gain a higher overall bitrate when viewed in 1080p in your Youtube app.
Most devices (phones) will not offer viewer 4k option by default anyway...

@pmshop Keep on rocking your 100 Mbps if size doesn't matter ?

Reactions: sheldin serju

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran