Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

$350 DJI Spark or $150 Yuneec Breeze?

Buckybuck

Join
Mar 2, 2018
Loc
Ohio
Full disclosure—I’m also posting this question on the YuneecPilots Breeze forum.

Right now, I’ve got an unopened $350 lava red Spark (still impatiently waiting on the “free” remote control, which is on back order) and an unopened $150 Yuncee Breeze w/controller. One of them is going to be returned later this week. Which one?

I’ve watched I don’t know how many YouTube flight videos from taken from each of these drones and I dunno if it’s a problem with how they’re uploaded, but I really can’t see a lot of difference in quality. I know the Spark has gimble, the Breeze has 1080 electronic stabilization, yada, yada, yada, but, at least on YouTube, some videos look really good and some look really bad from either drone. Still photos, on the other hand, look really good from both of them.

I do like the extra distance you can achieve with the Spark, but how important is it to be able to utilize that extra distance (my understanding is LOS flying is officially frowned upon)? I suspect the built quality of the Spark is better, and I’ve read you can get another minute or two of fly time from its battery. But, for a casual user, are those important enough to warrant another 200 bucks?

If you are in the United States you get the extra distance. Behind our borders you need to use a modified app tull get that range.

When flying straight the stabilization on the Spark works great, but when turning or flying sideways your results will be more like the breeze.

Beyond what the vendors offer also look art support from the community and online. That's what made me chose Spark. I've flown with the local DJI group on Meetup.com four times since finding them just after the first of the year.

If you are in the United States you get the extra distance. Behind our borders you need to use a modified app tull get that range.

When flying straight the stabilization on the Spark works great, but when turning or flying sideways your results will be more like the breeze.

Beyond what the vendors offer also look art support from the community and online. That's what made me chose Spark. I've flown with the local DJI group on Meetup.com four times since finding them just after the first of the year.

What do you mean when you say full range in the US? Do they limit the capability in other countries?

Reactions: MikeSpark
friend you jokes ... absolutamnete spark..breeze nn I like it and then drive it with the phone you have a lot of delay with the sticks and other commands

What do you mean when you say full range in the US? Do they limit the capability in other countries?
Radio broadcast regulations cut the power output dramatically through most of the world. You're lucky to get 1000 foot range in "CE Mode".

I have both and the breeze is hard to get WiFi.I bought the breeze to just fly at low heights in my back yard as my spark and Mavic Air won’t even start the engines because of NFZ restrictions.
With no restrictions I would much rather use the spark and Mavic Air.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
Full disclosure—I’m also posting this question on the YuneecPilots Breeze forum.

Right now, I’ve got an unopened $350 lava red Spark (still impatiently waiting on the “free” remote control, which is on back order) and an unopened $150 Yuncee Breeze w/controller. One of them is going to be returned later this week. Which one?

I’ve watched I don’t know how many YouTube flight videos from taken from each of these drones and I dunno if it’s a problem with how they’re uploaded, but I really can’t see a lot of difference in quality. I know the Spark has gimble, the Breeze has 1080 electronic stabilization, yada, yada, yada, but, at least on YouTube, some videos look really good and some look really bad from either drone. Still photos, on the other hand, look really good from both of them.

I do like the extra distance you can achieve with the Spark, but how important is it to be able to utilize that extra distance (my understanding is LOS flying is officially frowned upon)? I suspect the built quality of the Spark is better, and I’ve read you can get another minute or two of fly time from its battery. But, for a casual user, are those important enough to warrant another 200 bucks?

You're really over thinking this...Spark.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
You’ll never look back with the Spark, except when flying her backwards..lol
No OA on its aft quarters. But you’ll always wonder, what if, when investing in a lower quality drone.
And the other negative, you’ll be missing out on hanging with some of the greatest pilots around..lololol.
No, but hey, if you have the money now, and don’t buy it, you may never have the money again for a long time.

I have a spark. Full disclosure I also have a Typhoon H, but I've been monitoring the Breeze prices. If they dip down sub 100 again, I'll pick one up.

Why? I look at a Breeze as a starter drone that my kids can learn on. I see the Spark as a throwaway drone (if I break it, not the end of the world) and the H as the performer drone. Some might see this as excessive, but the drone is also something I can throw in a bag and take anywhere.

If the choice is between a Breeze and a Spark and either is affordable there is no debate. Go with a Spark. The Breeze is a glorified toy. The Spark is a slightly gimped full drone.

Got the breeze this past Christmas and had nothing but trouble with it. Took forever to connect to WiFi, once I finally got it connected and take off it would lose connection shoot up about 50 ft and just hover for a minute. Scared the crap out of me. It would always land but that's as far as I got with the breeze. Returned to best buy and got the spark. The spark is 100 times better. Just my two cents. Good luck brother

Both brands are reputable but given dji reputation, the spark is a little monster.

I got one for my gf as a present and I cant stop flying it. It's small, nimble, and just easy to fly (with controller).

I cant speak for the Breeze since i don't have one, but my feeling towards DJI is you will have many years ahead of support, parts, and replacements if needed. Im not sure if Yuneec plans to stick around in the drone market similar to what happened with the 3DR solo. That is another topic but it is something to consider when buying a relatively expensive toy that you dont want to lose support on a few months after purchase.

Cheers and happy flying.

You get what you pay for. Breeze is a toy. Spark is a tool that you can play with!
If you get the Breeze, you will eventually shell out for the Spark. BTW, Spark is rather limited without the remote controller.

Reactions: Linuxglobal
If you have $150.00 to play with get a Tello and a controller. You’re getting new tech (the Breeze is 2 years old), plus it’s a glorified toy so you won’t be disappointed in its ability, and you might actually be surprised.
I had a Breeze in my hand the other day and left it on the shelf knowing Yuneec’s track record on firmware updates (like the one they’ve been promising for my Q500 4K camera to level the horizon for just about 2 years as well).

I have a Spark and love it.

Jake

So with the Yuneec, where is the gimbal?
Plus does the Breeze have optical stabilisation? it's not what they put in a description it's what they leave out.

Thanks for the input. The consensus of even the Yuneec Breeze folks who responded was that I would happier with the Spark. But I may still be returning it.

I ordered my Spark and the controller from Adorama for $349 a few weeks ago. I got another email from Adorama yesterday reiterating that the controller is still on back order, and asking if I wanted to cancel the order. Seeing as how on the invoice Adorama charged me $349 for the Spark and $0 for the controller, I can’t see why it’d be to my benefit to cancel the order. What are they going to do, refund me $0? I see today that on its own online store, DJI has changed the status of the Spark controller to out-of-stock there, so my hopes of it ever showing up are dwindling. My 30-day return window is closing, so that’s why I’m probably going to end up returning my lava red Spark. At least I think it’s red; I’ve never even cracked the seal on it.

I know a lot of you paid a lot more than $349 for your Spark. Well, I’m late to the game and $349 is what I felt was a fair price for the drone and controller at this time. But maybe later I’ll get one. One of the guys over in the Yuneec forum pointed out that there’s going to be some new DJI models out any day now, so maybe some of you early adopters will be putting some gently used Sparks on the market soon.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
I have several drones with different capabilities.

I sold my Spark Flymore Combo pkg and kept my favorite drone--the Hubsan H501S. I got it for $180 but it normally sells for $200 (Amazon/Ebay).

It has a 1080P camera. The videos and pics look decent for my use. It has good range as I like to fly with the drone in sight. But others have used it out of sight.

The Hubsan has a GPS in both the drone and in the transmitter--so it has a very good 'follow me' mode. Extra batteries are cheap at $20 each. There is a built in fpv screen in the transmitter so no use for a phone.

The Hubsan is easy to use. The Spark has a learning curve and for me the 'Gesture' mode never worked reliably. If the entire Spark Flymore combo was available for about $300, I would keep the Spark as it has more prestige and better camera features. I had to sell my Spark while I could still get a decent value for it. The prices are coming down fast.

Simba

Here is the Hubsan drone in 'follow me' mode and I am on my motorcycle at the bottom.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast