Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

$350 DJI Spark or $150 Yuneec Breeze?

I have several drones with different capabilities.

I sold my Spark Flymore Combo pkg and kept my favorite drone--the Hubsan H501S. I got it for $180 but it normally sells for $200 (Amazon/Ebay).

It has a 1080P camera. The videos and pics look decent for my use. It has good range as I like to fly with the drone in sight. But others have used it out of sight.

The Hubsan has a GPS in both the drone and in the transmitter--so it has a very good 'follow me' mode. Extra batteries are cheap at $20 each. There is a built in fpv screen in the transmitter so no use for a phone.

The Hubsan is easy to use. The Spark has a learning curve and for me the 'Gesture' mode never worked reliably. If the entire Spark Flymore combo was available for about $300, I would keep the Spark as it has more prestige and better camera features. I had to sell my Spark while I could still get a decent value for it. The prices are coming down fast.

Simba

Here is the Hubsan drone in 'follow me' mode and I am on my motorcycle at the bottom.

That’s a pretty nice neighborhood you live in.
I have several drones with different capabilities.

I sold my Spark Flymore Combo pkg and kept my favorite drone--the Hubsan H501S. I got it for $180 but it normally sells for $200 (Amazon/Ebay).

It has a 1080P camera. The videos and pics look decent for my use. It has good range as I like to fly with the drone in sight. But others have used it out of sight.

The Hubsan has a GPS in both the drone and in the transmitter--so it has a very good 'follow me' mode. Extra batteries are cheap at $20 each. There is a built in fpv screen in the transmitter so no use for a phone.

The Hubsan is easy to use. The Spark has a learning curve and for me the 'Gesture' mode never worked reliably. If the entire Spark Flymore combo was available for about $300, I would keep the Spark as it has more prestige and better camera features. I had to sell my Spark while I could still get a decent value for it. The prices are coming down fast.

Simba

Here is the Hubsan drone in 'follow me' mode and I am on my motorcycle at the bottom.

Reactions: Simbaboy
Thanks for the input. The consensus of even the Yuneec Breeze folks who responded was that I would happier with the Spark. But I may still be returning it.

I ordered my Spark and the controller from Adorama for $349 a few weeks ago. I got another email from Adorama yesterday reiterating that the controller is still on back order, and asking if I wanted to cancel the order. Seeing as how on the invoice Adorama charged me $349 for the Spark and $0 for the controller, I can’t see why it’d be to my benefit to cancel the order. What are they going to do, refund me $0? I see today that on its own online store, DJI has changed the status of the Spark controller to out-of-stock there, so my hopes of it ever showing up are dwindling. My 30-day return window is closing, so that’s why I’m probably going to end up returning my lava red Spark. At least I think it’s red; I’ve never even cracked the seal on it.

I know a lot of you paid a lot more than $349 for your Spark. Well, I’m late to the game and $349 is what I felt was a fair price for the drone and controller at this time. But maybe later I’ll get one. One of the guys over in the Yuneec forum pointed out that there’s going to be some new DJI models out any day now, so maybe some of you early adopters will be putting some gently used Sparks on the market soon.

That already happened. The dji mavic air came out a month or so ago. Lots of used Sparks on the market.

Reactions: Simbaboy
I have both. Do you have the controller with either? Breeze is easy to fly and video panning is smooth but range is very weak. Its quiet, and not really moddable (is that a word). Spark is way better made, ive had both torn down to bare bones. Night video is way better on spark, but daytime quality is great on the breeze. I like to look at it like the breeze is a v6 camaro with ss package vs the spark is the real deal SS. I have bought and sold the breeze 3 times now (keep thinking after price drop I will decide to keep it) and ive never gave up my spark. I use it more than my mavic or typhoon. Its second to my solo because its so portable and agile. Just get a remote its a must honestly

Between the 501s and the spark are two different worlds. There both great butt having a gimble. Is awesome .The sd card slot on the 501s is touchy for me . I have to get it in just right or it won't work. The spark sd card slot is a a lot better. I got a slightly used spark for 450.00 with three batteries case controller prop guards and a lot of extras. Shop around.

Thanks for the input. The consensus of even the Yuneec Breeze folks who responded was that I would happier with the Spark. But I may still be returning it.

I ordered my Spark and the controller from Adorama for $349 a few weeks ago. I got another email from Adorama yesterday reiterating that the controller is still on back order, and asking if I wanted to cancel the order. Seeing as how on the invoice Adorama charged me $349 for the Spark and $0 for the controller, I can’t see why it’d be to my benefit to cancel the order. What are they going to do, refund me $0? I see today that on its own online store, DJI has changed the status of the Spark controller to out-of-stock there, so my hopes of it ever showing up are dwindling. My 30-day return window is closing, so that’s why I’m probably going to end up returning my lava red Spark. At least I think it’s red; I’ve never even cracked the seal on it.

I know a lot of you paid a lot more than $349 for your Spark. Well, I’m late to the game and $349 is what I felt was a fair price for the drone and controller at this time. But maybe later I’ll get one. One of the guys over in the Yuneec forum pointed out that there’s going to be some new DJI models out any day now, so maybe some of you early adopters will be putting some gently used Sparks on the market soon.
I picked up a brand new spark recently for $153.00 have since put my phantom on the shelf, spark a lot more fun. Got spark at a cheaper than dirt store , which buys out stores going out of business.

Reactions: Michael Plotzke
Actually, on the very last day in Adorama's 30-day-return window and just as I was getting ready to start the return process, Adorama came through with the "free" remote. Everything's good now, except $153 sounds a lot better price!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast