Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

360 spherical panorama in autopilot

Dave woods

Join
Oct 4, 2017
Hi guys
Any one had any success using autopilot waypoint missions and setting a waypoint action as 360 spherical or even single image I tried my first missions today and the video recording worked great but when I tried a mission with photos the quad just hung at the waypoint with Framing image 1 of 23 in the info window I did Google it and an answer from Hangar did surprisingly come up in a phantom group the answer was to make sure multi flight mode was enabled in the go 4 app before starting the Autopilot mission but I don't think we have that setting at least I can't find it anywhere in the go 4 app.

Any help gratefully received

I was also looking for this in AutoPilot also, but as you, didn't find that option.
I managed to get what I wanted with Hangar 360 on iOS.

B

Reactions: Dave woods
+1 for Hangar 360

Reactions: Dave woods
I was also looking for this in AutoPilot also, but as you, didn't find that option.
I managed to get what I wanted with Hangar 360 on iOS.

B
yes i used hangar 360 before i even purchased autopilot thats why I was so suprised to find that 360 within autopilot didnt work

Ok regarding the spark hanging at a waypoint when a photo or panorama is concerned I had this reply from Hangar today

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear you are having troubles with our app! Try setting your gimbal to 84 degrees. Since the Spark's gimbal limit is 85 degrees, we have found that not changing this setting will cause data not to be captured.

I hope this helps!

-Kerstin

I will try this tomorrow weather permitting but would appreciate any other spark autopilot users letting me know if they have had any success with waypoint actions that either take a single picture or a panorama
Thanks

OK all figured out now

to initiate a succesful panorama either in panorama mode or as a waypoint action you must set the profule to custom and set the gimble end point to -84 degrees as the spark gimble cannot go to -90 degrees this also applies to the gimble setting in mapping mode
I believe I also had to take the horizontal centre adjustment from 0 degrees to 1 degree

Last edited:
I too have installed new firmware and tried the 360 global. I watched as the little guy snapped 43 pics and was prompted with the pano successful on the screen. I landed the drone, hit the play button and watched as the screen said stitching pano and watched the blue line in the bottom get to about 70-80%, then screen goes blank for a sec and the app shuts down. Thank heaven the little guy was on the ground. Tried a second and third time with same result. When I select the pic on the app. I am unable to download it to my device as the other 180 pano that is also showing when I hit play.

Any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502