Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

3rd-party propeller guards and finger guards

metzalx

Join
Jun 11, 2017
Just saw these when browsing AliExpress:

Propeller guards ($3.60)

Finger guards ($1.79)

Prices in brackets are the cheapest I could find :) They seem to be having a 10% discount now so prices may differ from above...

Propeller guards seem to cover 280 degrees compared to DJI's 240 degrees...Also the weight of each guard is 5g compared to DJI's 9g. (Taobao reference link in Chinese). It is harder to put on and remove though.

I haven't even gotten my Spark yet (which is gonna be my first drone), so I have no idea how these differences are going to affect the aerodynamics whatsoever. The cheapskate in me will be giving these a shot!

DesertWindAero

Join
May 28, 2017
Brilliant!

Romy Mutuc

Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Laredo, TX
The finger guards look cheap. Can someone compare the weight of the 3rd party prop guards to the DJI prop guards?

WayneMHK

Join
Jun 15, 2017
The finger guards look cheap.
So does a band-aid. ;-)

I have friends and family who are all gonna want to try gesture mode. I'll put these on before they try it.

Glen e

Join
May 27, 2017
At 19 bucks I'm not gonna try to go aftermarket on propeller guards. The DJI price is fine and the quality is good. I don't want any in flight defects in propeller guards.

aviscomi

Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Philadelphia, PA
At 19 bucks I'm not gonna try to go aftermarket on propeller guards. The DJI price is fine and the quality is good. I don't want any in flight defects in propeller guards.
You read my mind...$19 to protect a $500 purchase is more than acceptable to me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fmeckel