Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

4.1.4 and Newest Firmware v1.00.0500-Video Gesture Didn't work...then it did?

continuecrushing

Join
Jun 15, 2017
Well, I updated the app and spark, still won't do video gesture control!
When you're in the gesture mode, it has the aspect and everything of photo mode, and you can't even manually switch to video if you're in gesture mode.

Great job DJI lol. At least we know we're super close to getting video gesture control!

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:
EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Video Gesture Mode decided to work later at night? What the heck!

Last edited:
I'm surprised you didn't see the difference between your first attempt (non-working gesture mode: video) and your second attempt (worked). In your first video in every instance you send the Spark "up and away" and then try the "video" gesture. In your second video, you make the "video" gesture mode while the Spark is directly in front of you.

Yesterday I did the same thing you did in the first video. I'd send it up and away and give it the various gesture modes all worked EXCEPT the video record gesture... I've yet to retry like in your second video where its close to you. So I can't personally confirm, but I've seen a second video where what I describe is the case....

So just came inside from trying it out again. Yup when it is "up and away" I can't get to start/stop video recording. It only works (for me) when its close like when you first initiate Gesture mode. I start the recording and then I can send it "up and away" and it continues to record and follow. I recall it then end the video recording....

So just came inside from trying it out again. Yup when it is "up and away" I can't get to start/stop video recording. It only works (for me) when its close like when you first initiate Gesture mode. I start the recording and then I can send it "up and away" and it continues to record and follow. I recall it then end the video recording....

Yeah, the issue is that although the "tips menu" in the app says 23 feet, the manual says 6 feet. The manual is correct lol.

I also didn't see the gimbal adjustment either afterwards
I didn't see it ether. I updated everything but the DJI GO4 app. After updating the app, the missing adjustments were there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef