Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

4.2.16 DJI GO4 APP

I'm not interested in any more updates for my spark. I'm going to stay on 4.1.15

Try the latest version, otherwise, how can you compare?

The weather has been too windy here, so I haven't tested the latest version myself...;).

Last edited:
I am seeing choppy video feed on iOS 11.3.1 with the iPhone 7 regular
Same here @11.3.1 when I flew on Tuesday on version 4.2.14 iphone 7. No weak image message or disconnect...I got out over 3000ft....but was choppy from take off, and all the way back. Before on version 4.2.12 I went further, and crystal clear video feed from take off to return. So its obvious something wrong with 4.2.14...and here I am thinking it was fixed with this new update 4.2.16? Did you fly @ 4.2.16, ane IOS 11.3.1? Using same iphone7 with my Mavic pro...no issues at all.

4.2.14 my video was crap iPhone 7 Plus! Now it’s awsome with 4.2.16 I didnt even use the otg And image was crystal clear again.

What is DJI doing on Google Play? I have 3 different versions of Android DJI Go 4 4.2.16 (584/585/587) that have updated in the last few days with the same version number. Can DJI update the OFFICIAL version numbers to reflect changes apart from TRIVIAL 584/585/587 sub-versions?

What is DJI doing on Google Play? I have 3 different versions of Android DJI Go 4 4.2.16 (584/585/587) that have updated in the last few days with the same version number. Can DJI update the OFFICIAL version numbers to reflect changes apart from TRIVIAL 584/585/587 sub-versions?
It makes sense to people who write programs. Each of the numbers for a program has a meaning. Whether it be final, alpha build, beta build. And depending on what minor patch they release will change the number you usually don't see which they spell out in the app. ie. The 584/585/587. They aren't going to modify their overall number sequence to reflect a minor change all because it annoys someone who doesn't understand what was changed. Alot of time they'll find a couple typos in the app and fix and update, this doesn't mean the app needs to move to the next full version.

It makes sense to people who write programs. Each of the numbers for a program has a meaning. Whether it be final, alpha build, beta build. And depending on what minor patch they release will change the number you usually don't see which they spell out in the app. ie. The 584/585/587. They aren't going to modify their overall number sequence to reflect a minor change all because it annoys someone who doesn't understand what was changed. Alot of time they'll find a couple typos in the app and fix and update, this doesn't mean the app needs to move to the next full version.

Thanks for explaining.
It would be nice to know the exact version without having to install the app & check the settings.
The only other way I can discover the exact version is to download directly from the DJI web site & see it in the filename. Unfortunately, the version via the DJI web site is not always the latest version compared to Google Play. No big deal as it's normally updated within 48 hours.

A minor problem I am having is when I check for updates, sometimes Google Play does not see the minor "internal" version changes from 584/585/587, unless the "Updated date" & "Current Version" displayed by Google Play also change.

I guess I'm concerned since I last used v4.2.12 - I had connection & video issues within 30m. Previous versions worked 500+m. It was too windy to try v4.2.14 so I don't know anything changed. Now that v4.2.16 has
3 minor variants/updates within days, I'm not sure what will happen when I fly next with the latest version. I've read in other threads about lost connections, fly-aways & other weird behaviour in recent versions - so I'm keeping my fingers crossed & waiting for the wind to be very calm.

I’ll download the update this evening... thanks for the report, I hope your right!
Hello I too had choppy video feed...I got to fly today using my iPhone 7 regular and 2 batteries since i updated to 4.2.16 latest IOS update.

I noticed 2 things:
1. I have to admit the video is back to being clear again all the way...I did got a remote disconnected message, and black screen for 2 sec then message went away...this was about 3000ft out but I flew further on previous update never had that...not sure what caused that.

2. I notice the compass on the lower left of the screen as i usually glance at that often to confirm my orientation to the spark, and I noticed its not aligned like it should be. I flew same location all the time. If memory serves the little white triangle at the top of the compass is the remote..and the little blue or red ("cant recall exact color now") triangle in the circle/horizon is the spark location in relation to where I am standing....that was way off..not orientated like it should be, and I am looking straight to where my spark is located....this makes sense why I got the disconnect for a few seconds when it went out of alignment at that distance. Normally I keep both aligned to get a better signal going straight to my spark.

I flew my mavic yesterday 2 batteries also, and all was perfect. Not sure if this 4.2.16 has a issue with the compass when it comes to the spark. Besides those issues...all okay on iPhone 7 regular.

This version means nothing to us Android users. Good job as usual DJI. Is this the best that you can do??

This version means nothing to us Android users. Good job as usual DJI. Is this the best that you can do??

Can you explain your concerns about the application with more detail? What changed, or did not change during your experience. Nobody can help unless you share your experience with further details. There is not point complaining with a random comment unless you can support it. Click-bait?

I use Android - so do others. Ask for help. Not just IOS. Check the updates & report any problems with detail. Be reasonable & ask questions. Problems can be solved.

"Is this the best that you can do??"

Last edited:
Hi all. I made a range and video feed comparison between wifi and OTG using the latest app version. Please check it out

Reactions: pmshop
Hi all. I made a range and video feed comparison between wifi and OTG using the latest app version. Please check it out

For a good observation, send it out in Sport mode to get out there quicker.
Then, gain altitude to 120m (400ft) for better line of transmission past your 1256m
If you are in FCC mode, you should get this with OTG and antenna reflector (in the YouTube description):

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef