Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

80 year old flyer

Hi all 76 here and have been flying RC for 45 years, planes, heli's and Quads. I have enjoyed flying my spark since Jan 2018, a joy to fly.
Also into electric boats, both air and speed.
Just love RC.

Cheers,

Ah you just wrote my BIO for me LOL!

I started in 1974 (age 4) with free flight, then control line, and then a Rudder Only "Old Tymer". From there moved up to 2 channel (non proportional) and eventually 4 channel full proportional planes. Helis, Jets, Boats, 4x4 biggues, roadsters and all LOL. Whew if I could get some of that $$ back :)

Once R/C gets in your blood you're hooked for life :)

Reactions: Jaydubya and JJJONZ
Glad to see older guys on this site, I turned 80 in Jan 2019, and thought I am to old for this. Have been flying RC since 1957, made my transmitter and bought the receiver from mail order electronics store, one tube single escapement. Then built a Heathkit 5 channel RC unit. How times have changed. My Spark is a great little unit easy to fly and outstanding pictures.

Glad to see older guys on this site, I turned 80 in Jan 2019, and thought I am to old for this. Have been flying RC since 1957, made my transmitter and bought the receiver from mail order electronics store, one tube single escapement. Then built a Heathkit 5 channel RC unit. How times have changed. My Spark is a great little unit easy to fly and outstanding pictures.

Nope, you’re never to old to pick up a new hobby. Retiring and just picking up a rocking chair for the front porch is the surest and quickest way to the end.
NB

No problem at all flying my mighty Spark, been flying RC planes for 50 years. My first radio was a Kraft 3 channel. The elecronics on drones is very impressive.
My first RC was a Macgregor single channel, flying a rudder only Veron Impala. I still remember the thrill of that first, somewhat short flight!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmirOmerov