Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

80 year old flyer

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
If I had a view like that from my backyard (or garden as we call it over here) I’d live to a 100.

Reactions: JJJONZ

BigAl07

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Join
Oct 26, 2018
Loc
Western NC, USA
Hi all 76 here and have been flying RC for 45 years, planes, heli's and Quads. I have enjoyed flying my spark since Jan 2018, a joy to fly.
Also into electric boats, both air and speed.
Just love RC.

Cheers,

Ah you just wrote my BIO for me LOL!

I started in 1974 (age 4) with free flight, then control line, and then a Rudder Only "Old Tymer". From there moved up to 2 channel (non proportional) and eventually 4 channel full proportional planes. Helis, Jets, Boats, 4x4 biggues, roadsters and all LOL. Whew if I could get some of that $$ back :)

Once R/C gets in your blood you're hooked for life :)

Reactions: Jaydubya and JJJONZ

jonboy

Join
Feb 13, 2019
Glad to see older guys on this site, I turned 80 in Jan 2019, and thought I am to old for this. Have been flying RC since 1957, made my transmitter and bought the receiver from mail order electronics store, one tube single escapement. Then built a Heathkit 5 channel RC unit. How times have changed. My Spark is a great little unit easy to fly and outstanding pictures.

Northern Bob

Join
Feb 8, 2019
Loc
Saint Lazare, Quebec
Glad to see older guys on this site, I turned 80 in Jan 2019, and thought I am to old for this. Have been flying RC since 1957, made my transmitter and bought the receiver from mail order electronics store, one tube single escapement. Then built a Heathkit 5 channel RC unit. How times have changed. My Spark is a great little unit easy to fly and outstanding pictures.
Nope, you’re never to old to pick up a new hobby. Retiring and just picking up a rocking chair for the front porch is the surest and quickest way to the end.
NB

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lamont57