Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A better B4UFly

canalrun

Join
Feb 10, 2018
I am near Syracuse, New York. When I open B4UFly it shows the two yellow areas: around the airport, and around the hospital for helicopters.

I might be bringing the Spark to Raleigh, North Carolina. I would like to see what the restrictions look like. If I move the app map to Raleigh there are no warning circles – I know there is a major airport there.

The same thing for Albuquerque, New Mexico. I would like to see what the restrictions look like, but nothing is shown when I scroll the map to that location.

It might have something to do with "Pinning" a location, but I've looked everywhere and can't figure out how to do that.

Is there a better app than B4UFly?

Can someone describe how to check out restrictions for an area other than your current location in B4UFly?

Barry.

I am near Syracuse, New York. When I open B4UFly it shows the two yellow areas: around the airport, and around the hospital for helicopters.

I might be bringing the Spark to Raleigh, North Carolina. I would like to see what the restrictions look like. If I move the app map to Raleigh there are no warning circles – I know there is a major airport there.

The same thing for Albuquerque, New Mexico. I would like to see what the restrictions look like, but nothing is shown when I scroll the map to that location.

It might have something to do with "Pinning" a location, but I've looked everywhere and can't figure out how to do that.

Is there a better app than B4UFly?

Can someone describe how to check out restrictions for an area other than your current location in B4UFly?

Barry.

Try AirMap.
Free in the app store.

Screenshot_20180905-165551~2.png

I use AIRMAP as my main verification but also have Kittyhawk available as well. Also like to point out that in NC if you are flying for commercial use you have to obtain an additional NC state drone certification to go along with your PART 107 certification. Simple 25 question on line test that mimics the Part 107 but it is required for commercial drone flights in the state of NC. I fly for commercial use and found out only after doing some digging into flight locations I was planning to fly at.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf