Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A bit disappointed in my new Spark.

How about that, we can call you a brother at arms after all. This hanger is for Spark lovers. The Spark is like the A10 Thunderbolt, highly different from the other planes in the airforce arsenal. And nearly retired because of its lack of speed. But it was quickly realized that because of its shortcummings and kickass cannon it excelled at killing tanks.
No comparison to the more advanced Hornet and Strike Eagle, but they certainly can’t do what the Warthog can do.
We love the Spark for what it can do, not what it can’t.
If you need more, fly a different plane.

All with the deepest respect to all.

Last edited:
How about that, we can call you a brother at arms after all. This hanger is for Spark lovers. The Spark is like the A10 Thunderbolt, highly different from the other planes in the airforce arsenal. And nearly retired because of its lack of speed. But it was quickly realized that because of its shortcummings and kickass cannon it excelled at killing tanks.
No comparison to the more advanced Hornet and Strike Eagle, but they certainly can’t do what the Warthog can do.
We love the Spark for what it can do, not it can’t.

All with the deepest respect to all.

I miss seeing the A-10's buzz around our Hoosier airspace due to the military cut backs and what not.

Lol, yeah I love,the Warthog! That had to be cool to see them constantly. I got to see them at the Airshows here at Macdill Air Force Base. Got lots of video! The Spark reminds me of the A10. It’s solid look and feel.
Cheers

If there were drones a long long time ago Confucius would have written what MannyCAM wrote.
"We love the Spark for what it can do, not what it can’t.
"

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
:):pHow did you maintain that straight a flight plan? Was it tap n fly or an autopilot?
Cheers and welcome

Something is wrong me thinks.
Total travel distance flown was 9061ft.
Distance flown was 7841ft.
So that means the return distance was 1220ft. Where did the 5600ft difference between outward and return flight go to?

I have always been a Mavic lover, but it's just not as zippy as my old Parrot Bebop 2. I like low-altitude "barnstorming" and "strafing". So, I went into Best Buy to buy a Bebop 2 on sale for $499 and saw a special on the DJI Spark. So, I bought it as I've had good luck with DJI products.

Well...it's very cute. However, that's about it. What I don't like:

1) Video lagginess: I'm still using the WiFi link to the phone and it's VERY laggy.
2) Low range: The range is barely 2500 feet where my Mavic was well over 10,000 feet.
3) Banking: I don't like the severe "banking" image with the Spark.
4) Low light image quality: The image is extremely laggy in lower light conditions.
5) Video washout: The video doesn't seem to auto-adjust like the Mavic with regard to lighting.

I'm going to try the direct cable to the phone, but if it doesn't help with the lagginess and image quality...it's probably going back. Plus, I ordered some parabolic antenna boosters to try and improve the range.

Has anyone else come to the same conclusion?
My first impressions were the same. Spark is my first drone and I was a bit disappointed with its range as well.
I had the cheapest android and didn’t use the OTG neither the antenna boost. Most of the time it was very unpleasant to fly.
Today I use an iPhone 7 Plus + OTG + Booster (open field). I can say my flying experiences have improved 200%.
I go far with it all the time, over 1.7km easily with no lag. In an open field it made 2.1km, could go further if wasn’t the battery. It can go pretty far but there is no need for that.
I had a few setbacks with it, but today I in love with my spark. I advice you to keep it. Amazing piece of tech. Hahahahahahahaha
PS: I fly under CE regulations and use 5.6Ghz.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast