Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A couple things I've noticed w/DJI Go app

FatherXmas

Join
May 31, 2017
Loc
Mentone, Alabama
First, there's a particular order to powering things on - first the app then the RC, do it the other way around the app won't connect.
Second, there's no audible early warning for low battery. The first thing I hear is that it's critical and will auto land in 10 seconds. My Mavic gives a verbal warning then starts beeping at 30%. So, if I don't keep a close eye on the battery level, there's a greater risk of losing it.
Anyone else notice this?

Hello, i always power on the RC and then the App : no problems. And i do have the low battery warning. You can set the percentage when its trigger inside the app.

Reactions: Goose
I do : spark - RC - wait for wifi between RC and Spark - OTG and that launch App automatically (android)

I find the spark very finicky to connect to and I wonder if it's my Google Pixel instead. What is the best phone to buy to use as a dedicated Spark controller?

I find the spark very finicky to connect to and I wonder if it's my Google Pixel instead. What is the best phone to buy to use as a dedicated Spark controller?
I have an iPad Mini 4, works great. Started out with a Samsung Tab with my Mavic, did not work well at all. Then I got a Mini 4 and it works so well, I got a second one for the Spark.

I have used an ipad air, note 4 and galaxy tab s2 (with the tab s2 need to keep it powered down first. I start the RC, then the spark, once connected i plug in the otg and power on the tab s2. this starts the app, works all the time for me)

Does anyone have any experience with Blu phones? I think that my Pixel puts out a weak wifi signal. I get a weak radio error on every flight.

The Spark can be difficult when using OTG cable, using wifi I have not had many connection issues only the APP cutting out.

My phone will connect successfully, but the app doesn't know.

Question to member jeffjeff55...

2 questions...
you say...
"I do : spark - RC - wait for wifi between RC and Spark - OTG and that launch App automatically (android)

1) When you say "wait for wifi between RC and Spark..." I assume you mean when the status LED on the RC turns green?
2) When you say "wait for wifi between RC and Spark - OTG..." What exactly does OTG mean...that you plug in the OTG cable at that point in the start-up sequence?

I'm using an iPhone 6 as my device and have not figured out the correct sequence to start things up as I get varying results. My test is to get everything connected and then try to turn off my wifi and see if the RC is still connected via the OTG cable but more times than not it goes from connected (it says RC connected I believe) to not connected so I just enable wifi again. I figure I am just not utilizing the OTG cable connection at this point which defeats the reason for buying it in the first place.

Thanks,
Jeff

The only way I have found for it to work is

Spark
Then switch on RC and wait for green
Then connect the OTG cable to the back of the RC.

This is best done with wifi on the phone switched off as once the wifi is established between the RC & Phone the app won't recognise the OTG connection (in my case).

When the led is green on the RC, i plug the otg adaptor in the RC side (not the contrary, it doesnt work) and then plug in the phone the cable and it trigger the app to launch.
I do everyrhing in "plane mode" so no wifi or bluetooth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme